Which is worse...

laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Posts: 239Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So I just had my hair colored RED 2 days ago, so I am looking for a shampoo to get rid of all the gunk and silicone laden products used to style my hair in the salon.

The thing is...I am having the hardest time finding a color safe shampoo that does not contain glycerin or a sulfate.

I know glycerin is really bad for specifically red hair color, and sulfates are stripping...but which is worse? If I had to choose? I just really want to string out this color as long as possible...if you guys have any suggestions for new products I am all for it...preferably anything at a drugstore/target/health food store/ULTA rather than online only.

THANK YOU

Comments

• emejotahemejotah Posts: 12Registered Users
    I use yes to cucumber the day after I go to the salon. I think it has a sulfate but its not SLS.
    its pronounced: eh-meh-ho-tah
    CG since July 20,2010 :o
    puertorican born and raised :)
    "Vive la vida vivela bien, sal con 5 tirale a 10"
    Panthers 2011 <3

• ChAoTiCbLiSsChAoTiCbLiSs Posts: 127Registered Users
    My Honey Child has 100% natural shampoos for all hair types.
    3b/2b/3c mix
    ~no heat, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil or petrolatum~
    CURLS, My Honey Child , KCKT, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, & Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
  • LAltmannLAltmann Posts: 3Registered Users
    Use something that is sulfate free, but you cant wash your hair everyday!! Like 3 times a week or the red will wash out within 2 weeks, and thats a waste of money. Try a shampoo for red hair also, but sulfate free 3 times a week will be a good choice.

So I just had my hair colored RED 2 days ago, so I am looking for a shampoo to get rid of all the gunk and silicone laden products used to style my hair in the salon.

The thing is...I am having the hardest time finding a color safe shampoo that does not contain glycerin or a sulfate.

I know glycerin is really bad for specifically red hair color, and sulfates are stripping...but which is worse? If I had to choose? I just really want to string out this color as long as possible...if you guys have any suggestions for new products I am all for it...preferably anything at a drugstore/target/health food store/ULTA rather than online only.

THANK YOU

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file