Hello

no1curlydivano1curlydiva Posts: 60Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Newbie here! I have been lurking for about a month and have learned so much! Thanks everyone.

Anyway, my natural hair journey began quite by accident. I love wearing wigs, half pieces, weaves, ponytails, etc. I thought it was a waste to get a perm with all of that going on. It wasn't until I noticed that the portion of my hair that still had perm, was balling up real bad, when I would take my hair down to wash it. And my un-permed hair was a hot thick tangled mess, could not get a comb thru it. What I would have to do is wash, blow dry and then flat iron it the morning I was going to the beauty shop and have them cornrow my hair to wear under my wigs, etc. If I did not do this, there would be no way they would be able to get their hands thru it. One day it was so tangled and balled up, I was frustrated and just took the scissors to it. Whew, such relief I hadn't known in awhile. So that is why I say my journey was an accident. I haven't permed my hair since January 2009, and it is about 6 inches long. But I am loving it.

I still wear the wigs, half pieces, ponytails and will for a while. I used to wear my hair cornrowed under my pieces so that when I get home from work, I would just take it off, let my head breathe and no hassle when I go to the gym. My routine now is that I wash my hair on Sundays, braid it up in plaits, wear my pieces to work Mon - Thurs, and rock my natural hair Fridays - Sunday. This affords me the luxury of finding out what works for me and I am not ready to rock a fro to work (I like BIG Texas hair)

With that being said, I can't believe how I have grown into this HUGE product junkie. I mean I already had this gigantic basket of stuff I was using like most women, but now.....I think I use more stuff now that I am "natural" then I ever did permed. LOL

For now, I love Uncle Funky's Daughter, I love the shampoo, conditioner, and the leave it, man, my hair has never been so soft, NOW I can actually comb it, and it is never tangled like it used to be. And the Shea Moisture line (I found out about being on here, and the Cocount Sauve)

Still trying out different techniques / products, but mostly having fun. I have learned so much from this website. Still learning about "my hair". I think I am a 4a because of the shrinkage, and get all glassy eyed looking at everyone's pics on here, and can't wait to get more length. That 2 strand twist did nothing for me, however the braids/plaits do me better.

Still in discovery zone....can't wait to rock my own hair on a regular! Maybe once I get that down, maybe I will have enough nerve to let the gray show! LOL Maybe not, cause I am kinda vain. LOL Don't judge me!
[FONT=&quot]Last Relaxer:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]January 2009;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BC[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: June 2010[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Condish VO5, Sauve[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DC:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Organicals; Henna/Indigo w/Ayurvedic herbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]LI: KimmeyTube Mix [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Seal: Any Oil [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I LOVE Oils & Butters ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]My whipped SB w/various oils mix)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moisturizers:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] SMCHCS, B.A.S.K Palm; Camile Rose[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stylers:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] UFDCM; EcoBlue [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hair Type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 4a/b[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Texture / [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Porosity: Not sure [/FONT]

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,798Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    What a great story! Sometimes things just happen cuz they're supposed to, right?

You should write this up in our transitioning blogging area.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • LogyLogy Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You and your hair are beautiful! You must be doing something right!
    54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
    Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:
  • no1curlydivano1curlydiva Posts: 60Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey there, thanks for the compliment Logy!
    [FONT=&quot]DC:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Organicals; Henna/Indigo w/Ayurvedic herbs[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I LOVE Oils & Butters ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]My whipped SB w/various oils mix)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Moisturizers:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] SMCHCS, B.A.S.K Palm; Camile Rose[/FONT]
  • no1curlydivano1curlydiva Posts: 60Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow! You are so right on that. Thanks for the warm welcome Gretchen, glad to be here.
    Gretchen wrote: »
    What a great story! Sometimes things just happen cuz they're supposed to, right?

You should write this up in our transitioning blogging area.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file