Dr. Oz Skin Test--heh!

MirCurlsMirCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,660 Curl Neophyte
They're repeating a Dr. Oz show on "9 Days to a Younger Looking You" right now, and I did the tape test and, though I'm 50, the tape looked like the tv example of "age 30". No lines. No skin cells. Clean, smooth tape. Hah. The tape can't see the effects of GRAVITY.

But it still made me happy. Hee.

http://healthybodydaily.com/dr-oz/dr-oz-anti-aging-checklist-look-younger-in-9-days
3a3b
Natural since 11/25/09
Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• PoochiePoochie Registered Users Posts: 315 Curl Connoisseur
    What is the tape test? I didn't see it on the link.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I read it on the link. I'm afraid to try it. :tongue10:

Seriously, wouldn't a smudge show up on the tape no matter what you stuck it to? I can't imagine it coming out perfectly clear. I'm going to tape my grandchildren this weekend before I do myself.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • PoochiePoochie Registered Users Posts: 315 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh, I found it.
    You're supposed to be able to see skin cells?
    I just tried a piece of tape between my eyes (and I'm at work :lol: but we're all crazy here so nobody asks) and I didn't see anything.
    I don't want to do my eyes and cheeks because that'll take my sun protective moisturizer off!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    I've been able to see 'skin cells' since my teens and still do. I chalk it up to oily skin. I don't think aging plays much into it seeing that I could see cells while still in puberty.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm as oily now as I was in my teens...I don't think my tape would look very good...it'd be all oily. My skin is smooth though. Very smooth.

I think the tape test thing is nonsense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file