Curl Junkie's Daily Fix

Is this considered a No-Poo???? Im trying to go CG, and so far i've been doing it but didnt have the right products when it came to cleansing. I have now placed an order for Curl junkies daily fix cleansing conditioner, their leave in conditioner and to style i got CurlKeeper and AGs recoil. For those of you wiser in this method, are those the right recipe???

I dont wanna sound snotty or anything, but i don't trust the low cost conditioners like vo5 or suave.... i once used suave and my hair started falling off :(

so i wanted to go with something from a brand that is devoted to curls!

what do you curlies think of my choices??? im not very good with all these 'cones and poo choosing
3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    I think it is. It should work as a co-wash, but it may get expensive after a while. You need to use a good amount to get your scalp clean, which is why most people prefer the cheaper conditioners like Suave and V05. I like V05 better than Suave.

Was the hair falling out just shedding? That happens a lot with curly hair, and sometimes it's an unbelievable amount. Hair sheds naturally during the day and for those with straight hair, it falls off without being noticed. For us curlies, it can get stuck in the hair so we don't notice it until later, when there's a lot of it!

But your routine sounds like a good one. Good luck!
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • jenny curljenny curl Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    CJ Daily Fix is CG. I use it a few times a week, and I switch on and off with Suave Naturals, since CJ is not a cheap product and I tend to use a good amount of conditioner when I co-wash....
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    CJDF is a cleansing conditioner. It is more cleansing then a cowash and less then a low poo. It has a mild cleansing agent in it, cocamidopropyl betaine. It also has EDTA which is a chelating agent that helps to remove hard water build up.

I'm not sure what makes something a no poo. It may be that as well.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • nytiffynytiffy Registered Users Posts: 73
    I currently use Masty Traite cream shampoo a no sulfate shampoo
    And was thinking of getting Curl Junkie Daily Fix
    And the Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep
    Fix Moisturizing conditioner as a weekly or bi-weekly
    Deep conditioner? Is this okay??

I am now using Quick Curls and love it but I also
    Bought KCCC and KC Knot Today.

Are these okay to use when Co washing??
    3B/3C Fine
    Medium Porosity
    Loo-poo (Spring/ Summer) /No- poo(fall/ winter)
    Loo-poo Mastey Traite Cream Shampoo no SLS
    No-poo Aussie 3MM or VO5 Vanilla Tea
    Bi -racial :Black and Italian Yah!!
    Originally from Ithaca, NY
    Now Southern CA
    NYTiffy:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file