My First DevaCut!!!!

ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
Hi Curlies!!!!

I have just finished booking my appointment for my first ever DevaCut...Im SO looking forward to this. The stylist doing my hair will be Chris.... Anyone have any advice, comments or has anyone ever seen Chris???? thanks

Oh and by the way, it is my first ever thread as well. Yay for firsts!

---Karen
3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!

Comments

• kurlybirdkurlybird Posts: 32Registered Users
    :hello2: Sounds like a lot of "first's" for you. Good luck with your Devacut!!
    Relaxed~Curly~Relaxed~Transition:afro:
    :banghead: Unwanted BC July 21, 2010
    Fine 3C/4A on crown
    Oil hair 10 min, cowash HE Hydrating Condition, Leave-in KC Knot Today, CD Milk-Curly Definer, MJ Quick Curl :headbang:
  • ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
    kurlybird wrote: »
    :hello2: Sounds like a lot of "first's" for you. Good luck with your Devacut!!

Thanks kurlybird :)
    Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
    Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

• qimissungqimissung Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hope your cut goes well, I had my first last week in MN and I love it!!
    Fine cherub curls. LUS brand user. That's all I need!
    qimissung wrote: »
    Hope your cut goes well, I had my first last week in MN and I love it!!

yayy thats what i want to hear!!!

my appt is on Wed...CANT WAIT

OK gals... for those who are still indecisive about getting a deva cut...DO IT hehe since a picture is worth a thousand words....let them do the talking

my hair before the cut:
    44865_10150246173555344_709345343_14329152_7516228_n.jpg
    it wasn't so bad..but this was taken when i had curl keeper and re:coil in my hair..and it wasnt dry all the way....i had to fluff and refluff to make it look like that...and when it dried all the way..it was just a flat mess.

So, when i went to the salon, i told Chris, the stylist that this was my main concern... so he suggested a bit of layers or whatever he did to take some of the weight off the top and this were the results:
    47207_10150246173510344_709345343_14329148_4210281_n.jpg

44536_10150246173540344_709345343_14329151_28844_n.jpg

I loved the way they co washed/styled my hair...at first i was a bit freaked out when my hair was all crunchy after the gel and diffuser, but then the lady did her MAGIC lol, she massaged my scalp and SCRUNCHED my hair again to break up the gel, and voila! my hair was amazingly soft and had the most beautiful curls i'd ever seen on myself....
    P.S.---The 'after' pictures were taken just now, at midnight, after a day of walking in the city on a very rainy day....and they still dont look half bad. I didnt take any pictures right after, which i should have, but i figured ill show you guys anyway:)

I almost forgot this other detail!: when the lady was cowashing my hair and all i told her the problem i was having with my hair falling...but guess what...there was NO fallout!!! i was so excited to hear this...i think it must be that they don't use combs??? maybe ive been pulling at my hair all this time...what do you guys think? or maybe the haircut helped? not sure, but ill be monitoring my hair more and definitely try the no comb thing :P

• ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    :love4:OMG I LOVE it..how much was the cut? On average?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
    Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
    http://public.fotki.com/7788/hair-growth-ultra-n/
    Zaria: that is the only down :scratch:

the cut was $95....I have heard on here that for JR stylists it ranges from $85-$95..........or so and for Senior Stylists it goes anywhere from $110-$130.

I felt SO guilty for splurging in a HAIRCUT... but honestly, It was so worth it. i love my cut. It's something thatmakes styling easier,and it boosted my self esteem...and thats priceless to me:love4:

• CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know it's months later now, but your haircut looks great!
    Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair
    Cleansers: CJ Daily Fix
    Conditioners: CJ Beauticurls Argan Oil, Tresemme
    Leave-In Conditioners: CJ BCLI
    Deep Conditioners: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, SS DDMT
    Stylers:
    KCCC
    Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
    Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
    Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list