guys PLEASE help me =(

Once upon a time I had extremley beautiful curly hair , that everyone used to envy
suddenly my hair stopped curling (I think its due to overheating ..etc)
so I decided to trim it off in a really short hair cut to get rid of the damage
and one I had this short hair cut I followed the curly girl method with the no-poo routine
step by step , but my hair grew to be not curly AT ALL =(

i was patient and did everything I was suppose to do , but it didn't work for me
I'm heart broken I miss my curls so much

and now about a week ago I trimmed off my hair again to this really short haircut
I want to start over again , I want my curls BACK , and my hair STILL isn't curly by the way ...
will the method work for me this time ? , It didn't work for me before
I was on the routine for a long time (about a whole year)

Please H E L P me .... I am desperate .:sad7:
I'll live ! ~ ~

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    If your new growth doesn't have curl, I can only think of two possibilities. Maybe you have a curl pattern that doesn't show up until it gets longer. Some waves only show up below ear level or even closer to shoulder level. It is also possible that your curl pattern has changed. Curl pattern can change throughout your life. It is usually due to hormones.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • CurlyJosephineCurlyJosephine Registered Users Posts: 20
    pedaheh wrote: »
    If your new growth doesn't have curl, I can only think of two possibilities. Maybe you have a curl pattern that doesn't show up until it gets longer. Some waves only show up below ear level or even closer to shoulder level. It is also possible that your curl pattern has changed. Curl pattern can change throughout your life. It is usually due to hormones.

No !
    before a few years a go , I mean before my hair was damaged , when I used to cut it even when it was REALLY short it was VERY curly ,
    my hair is the type that is really curly even when its short , it has been like that all my life until now (its broken)
    I don't know what what I'm I doing wrong ?
    I really want my curly hair back
    and you know what I've noticed it not even curling from the roots now
    all my hair strands are like apart if you know what I mean , just like when you brush a curly hair .. thats how its like now ...
    I'll live ! ~ ~
    I hope someone else knows something I don't and has the solution. Sorry your hair isn't doing what you want it to do.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    Pedaheh's guess was also my first guess. If that's not the case, we need to know more about your hair and your first time going CG in order to help! :)

What are your hair's properties (texture, porosity, etc)?
    What products did you use the first time around? Ingredients?
    How did you follow the CG Method (for example, did you remember to clarify at the beginning, did you plop, etc)?
    What products are you using now?
    Is your hair damaged?
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
    Pedaheh's guess was also my first guess. If that's not the case, we need to know more about your hair and your first time going CG in order to help! :)

How did you follow the CG Method (for example, did you remember to clarify at the beginning, did you plop, etc)?
    Is your hair damaged?

well I have always had trouble knowing what type of curls I have
    (perhaps you can help)
    generally my hair used to be SUPER curly I have a photo to show how it was before and how it is now

I used Vatika shampoo and Boots Avocado & Macadamia hair treatment (sahmpoo about twice a month and treatment alittle more often) , also boots expert curly conditioner
    I always put curling sprays like Loreal Curl power and VO5 curling spray
    I put alot of hair oil like castor oil I use oil (ALOT) maybe too much more than I should

I went with the CG methode for about a year now ... I don't really see the results
    maybe I'm doing something wrong , I don't know !
    or maybe its the products I'm using ......
    Now my hair is barley curling and you barley notice any curl pattern

Oh and sorry ,I don't know what you mean by saying did I plop my hair ?
    now I'm still using the same products (Vatika shampoo and the boots treatment)
    and my hair is still damaged =(
    also a little info , I dyed my hair black . maybe it has something to do with it ...
    I'll live ! ~ ~

Is your hair damaged?
    I'll live ! ~ ~
  • lil_earthmommalil_earthmomma Registered Users Posts: 35
    My hair changed a ton with hormones. In college it became much like yours, kind of a mess of weird non curl but not straight stuff, and then when I had babies it became SUPER tiny curls!

Dying it can have a definite effect. Dying makes mine less curly for sure and very odd textured.
    3b-c, growing it out (it's really short right now, peices in the front just touch my nose if I stretch them out! lol), no-poo, no cones :toothy4:
    I'm not familiar with the ingredients in your products. But if I had to bet, I'd guess you have castor oil build up. To my eye, your curl pattern doesn't seem changed, but just weighed down. It may be different in person.

Other ingredients that can build up on the hair include mineral oil and some polyquats.

I'm not really sure how to address castor oil build up. My guess would be a clarifying sulfate shampoo.

I'd suggest reposting this on the general board. It gets more traffic, and one of the knowledgeable curlies should be able to help. Include the pictures and the list of products you use.
  • InkaInka Registered Users Posts: 9
    Hi there ... (:

I also think that you probably have too much build-up in your hair ... Try cleansing it with baking soda, I did that 3 times within 2 months and it did wonders for me.

Mix baking soda with your conditioner and wash your hair like you would do with a shampoo. Then rinse thoroughly (the hair feels really bad now, don't be scared) and put some more conditioner in and leave in for about 15 mins. Rinse again and let it air dry.

This really helped me a lot to get rid of all the badass products on my head lol ...

I really feel that you're devastated, which I can understand. I hope you get your pretty curls back! :love2:

• RavenhartRavenhart Registered Users Posts: 46
    How much baking soda to how much conditioner? I think my hair needs this too.
    I used one tablespoon baking soda, and two tablespoons conditioner ... Good luck! :toothy4:
    Inka wrote: »
    Hi there ... (:

I also think that you probably have too much build-up in your hair ... Try cleansing it with baking soda, I did that 3 times within 2 months and it did wonders for me.

Mix baking soda with your conditioner and wash your hair like you would do with a shampoo. Then rinse thoroughly (the hair feels really bad now, don't be scared) and put some more conditioner in and leave in for about 15 mins. Rinse again and let it air dry.

This really helped me a lot to get rid of all the badass products on my head lol ...

I really feel that you're devastated, which I can understand. I hope you get your pretty curls back! :love2:

thanks for the tip !
    and yeah I'm still very frustrated , but I'll try your methode ...
    thanks again =)
    I'll live ! ~ ~
    My hair changed a ton with hormones. In college it became much like yours, kind of a mess of weird non curl but not straight stuff, and then when I had babies it became SUPER tiny curls!

Dying it can have a definite effect. Dying makes mine less curly for sure and very odd textured.

thats frustrating ! ... I should wait for my hair to get better after having children ! .... that is IF it will get better ....
    I'll live ! ~ ~
    Many of the curly girls would suggest you an ACV rinse after the baking soda method - so you may wanna check this out before you try it.

But for me, baking soda only did the job!

Tell us how it worked for you ... :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file