What is your hair regime?

I am super new to CG and would like to know your hair routine and the most useful products.

Please help!
Mary Allison
3a

Comments

• vanillakokakolavanillakokakola Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm new to CG too. My method is REALLY simple.

Co-wash: Suave Coconut
    Conditioner: Nature's Gate Aloe Vera. I just ran out of this so I may switch.
    Leave-in: same as above, Nature's Gate. I either don't rinse all of it out, or put in a little extra
    Gel: LA Looks (the green one)

VERY cheap. I've only been doing this for a week and my hair already looks a lot better and feels a LOT softer.

Oops, forgot to add, I comb my hair after co-washing, usually with the co-wash still in, or with my regular conditioner. It all depends on when I remember.

Then, for styling, I'll usually apply gel while I'm still standing in the shower with my hair soaking wet. Then I'll get out and plop (using a t-shirt currently, getting a microfiber towel in the mail tomorrow). I leave my hair plopped for as long as possible, up to an hour if I'm sitting around at home, around 20 minutes if I"m going somewhere.
  • maryallisonbeemaryallisonbee Registered Users Posts: 4
    So do you do all those steps everyday?

Leave-in: same as above, Nature's Gate. I either don't rinse all of it out, or put in a little extra

VERY cheap. I've only been doing this for a week and my hair already looks a lot better and feels a LOT softer.

Oops, forgot to add, I comb my hair after co-washing, usually with the co-wash still in, or with my regular conditioner. It all depends on when I remember.

Then, for styling, I'll usually apply gel while I'm still standing in the shower with my hair soaking wet. Then I'll get out and plop (using a t-shirt currently, getting a microfiber towel in the mail tomorrow). I leave my hair plopped for as long as possible, up to an hour if I'm sitting around at home, around 20 minutes if I"m going somewhere.
    Mary Allison
    3a
  • emejotahemejotah Registered Users Posts: 12
    co-wash: suave naturals (coconut one)
    rinse out: Yes to cucumber ( love love love this)
    leave in: either condish depends which one I grab first
    gel: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted

I co wash, rinse out and apply leave in all while I'm, still in the shower. I "towelturban" my hair with a tshirt for a couple of minutes just to get rid of extra moisture. While its still pretty wet I comb through with a wide tooth comb in order to get clumps and then I scrunch in the gel.
    its pronounced: eh-meh-ho-tah
    CG since July 20,2010 :o
    puertorican born and raised :)
    "Vive la vida vivela bien, sal con 5 tirale a 10"
    Panthers 2011 <3

• willowmina moonwillowmina moon Registered Users Posts: 109
    I co-wash once or twice a week with VO5 Pomegranate or Blackberry Sage and I usually do not use a conditioner. If my hair is a bit frizzy I use 1-2 drops of rosehip seed oil or macadamia nut oil on the top layer. Once a month or so I mix castor oil half and half with neem or mustard oil and rub into my scalp and leave for an hour or so. I am trying to use up some Tresseme Naturals conditioner so sometimes I use that, but since all the damaged areas have been cut off my hair it does not seem to work as well for me. Most of the time I do not use a gel but if I do it is the clear Eco-Styler.
    Willow Moon
    3a, thin, fine, porous
    Tresemme Radiant Volume for Co-Wash
    Suave Mango Mandarin for Co-Wash
    Rosehip Seed Oil 5 drops after Co-Wash
    White Rain Hair Spray when hair is damp/dry
  • generositytgenerosityt Registered Users Posts: 245

Wow, I have almost the same routine and the same products. When I have a lot of time I do the styling outside the shower, when I'm in a hurry I add my styling combination (OO, coconut oil, AVG, and vegetable glycerin) to my leave-in and then add the gel on top.
    I do this every other day, the second day, late in the afternoon at home, I almost soak my hair in OO, shea butter, and castor oil. braid it or put it in a bun and wash it the next day.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls
  • morrighumorrighu Registered Users Posts: 707
    Most of what I'm using in my sig. I don't use a comb... I use a denman but only while wet. The rest of the time I use my fingers.

I use a spritz for 2nd and 3rd day hair.

It's so not sexy but get yer self a satin bonnet. They're $5 at Wally world.
  • somethingabouthairsomethingabouthair Registered Users Posts: 1
    I have never posted on this message board before, but I have been on a shampooless regimen for almost 4 months, and I am interested in hearing people's routines and thought I would share mine. I have tried a lot of different things, but this is what I've been doing for the past month and it seems like a keeper:

Morning 1: scrub scalp with conditioner (right now I'm using Whole Foods lavender but I would like to find something cheaper but still all natural). Then I apply the same conditioner throughout my hair and let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse out, but not completely. I flip my head over and scrunch while in the shower. I let my hair air dry and don't apply any products.

Mornings 2 & 3: I shower but don't wet my hair; the moisture from my shower is enough to reactivate the curls

Morning 4: repeat Morning 1!

Once every two weeks-ish I rinse my hair with vinegar, not acv, just regular old white vinegar, to get rid of residue from my water that builds up and makes my hair feel waxy.

And this is it. I've tried other things, such as baking soda, olive oil, aloe, honey, etc, in different combinations, but I'm so happy about the routine I have now. It's simple, cheap, quick, and effective! I'm very happy with my hair now.
  • beautifulRainbeautifulRain Registered Users Posts: 189
    I've been doing no-poo for about a month so I'm still experimenting but this is my routine right now:
    Low-poo: Organix Tea Tree Mint (I use this at most once/week)
    Co-wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime (Clarifying Conditioner)
    Rinse-out: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
    Leave-in: I have several different ones I'm experimenting with right now- GFTN, Suave Coconut, White Rain Apple, Suave Aloe and Waterlily, Biotera Leave-In, GVP Conditioning Balm
    Stylers: EcoStyler Krystal gel, LaBella Lots of Curls Gel, LA Looks Sport Gel, Biotera Curl Creme, Coconut Oil (to SOTC), Aloe Vera Gel.

I have been co-washing every day but today I tried just rinsing my hair in the shower, and then the GFTN as my leave-in with EcoStyler gel and my hair looks better than usual.

My current method of encouraging curls is to rake my leave-in and gel through my hair and then take a microfiber cloth and scrunch around my head, squeezing out excess moisture and product. Finger style as needed, let it air dry (I will use a diffuser on low if I'm in a hurry) and SOTC as needed, with or without the coconut oil.
    3a/b 'curly bob' in the mid-Atlantic. Goal: more 3b than 3a. CG Oct 2010.

Low-poo: Giovanni TTTT, Ion Swim
    Co-wash: V05 Shea Cashmere
    Rinse-out: SalonCare Apples & Pears, Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: Cure Care, Ion Moisturizing Treatment
    Stylers: Ecostyler Argan Oil, LALSG, LBLOC, Hold It! Wave Maker, LAL Beachy Waves Spray Gel. Also been using my diffuser more lately.
    PT: Ion Reconstructor
    DT: GVP Balm, Pure Elements Intense Repairing Treatment
    http://beautifulraincurls.blogspot.com/
  • International LadyInternational Lady Registered Users Posts: 11
    I stopped using shampoo in July and I saw an immediate change in my hair. It took me a lot of experimenting with products to find the right hair regime that works for me. It's all in my signature. Just want to add that I don't brush my hair, just comb it through before washing it. I haven't used heat on my hair ever since I went no-poo and I don't touch it when it dries, but also try to touch it as little as possible when it's dry. Good luck!!
    Type 2c. 3a on a good day. CG since 07/2010

Hair regime (2x/week)
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    Moisturizer: Dark & Lovely
    Seal: CHI Silk Infusion or Shu Uemura Essence Absolue oil
    2nd day: CHI Keratin Mist or John Frieda Dream Curls Spray
    Deep treatment (1x/month): extra virgin coconut oil
    Pro no-poo! <3
  • Vince92183Vince92183 Registered Users Posts: 52
    I keep it as simple as possible. I have type 2/3 hair and recently switched over to Kinky Curly since I found out I can get it locally.

Wash
    2-3x a week, KC Come Clean Shampoo

Conditioner
    Daily, KC Knot Today

Styling
    Winter time: KC Knot Today
    Summer time: KC Curling Custard (will be testing this out when it warms up)

That's me.
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Registered Users Posts: 430 Curl Novice
    I am a homemade DIYer. All the products I use are in my siggy. Pre-poo, no-poo 1x per week. I moisturize right after. Clarify when needed. Rinse & moisturize daily. Leave-in used daily. I always sleep with a satin bonnet on.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter