Curlies with cowlicks

moo49moo49 Posts: 118Registered Users
When I braid my hair back on my right side by the temple its not a bald spot but the hair sticks up and so it seems like its a thin spot but thats where my cowlick is. How do I deal with this? Ive been trying to grow out my hair but the hair on the sides is a bit harder to grow out.

Comments

• LogyLogy Posts: 156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Moo,
    Don't have any answers for you. I just have the same problem. The back of my head, on the right side, has a cowlick and the hair grows and whorls to the left, leaving me with a thin spot in the back on the right side. (My mom has the exact same pattern.) When I blow dried it straight I never noticed it. My hair is short but I am growing it out. I'm hoping that as it gets longer the length will hide it. It also helps for me to lean my head to the thin side when I shake out the roots of my hair after it dries. This tends to make the curls fall to that side. But I need to do this several times during the day to cover it.
    54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
    Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:
  • moo49moo49 Posts: 118Registered Users
    Yeah, I guess growing it out is the only option for now
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    I have a cowlick, smack bang in at the front in the middle. I cannot have those trendy bangs everyone always has as it just mis behaves. I find that length always helps it to sit better, just my experience.
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • lil_earthmommalil_earthmomma Posts: 35Registered Users
    I have one that looks bald-ish when I pull my hair tightly back. I've found that if I pull it up loosly I can camoflauge that area by pulling curls from around it over it etc. But if I go for a tight braid or pony, yep, it looks like a weird bald spot! :blackeye:
    3b-c, growing it out (it's really short right now, peices in the front just touch my nose if I stretch them out! lol), no-poo, no cones :toothy4:
  • SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    I have a cowlick, smack bang in at the front in the middle. I cannot have those trendy bangs everyone always has as it just mis behaves. I find that length always helps it to sit better, just my experience.

I also have a cowlick in front, starting around my part and bending in an S shape over to the right. Even when I straightened my hair, that section would break free at any hint of humidity in the air. Now I'm wavy and growing out the bangs, and it looks a bit ridiculous. It's cheekbone-level now and I can't wait until it's at least chin-length.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
  • moo49moo49 Posts: 118Registered Users
    My cowlick looks like a bald spot when i pull it into a pony tail to. Well I'm trying out different methods but for now I just cover it by putting on a headband.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file