Damaged hair?

ILovejuiceboxesILovejuiceboxes Posts: 50Registered Users
My hair is not exactly beautiful as of now. It's not dry, but it's not shiny. It's not short, but it's the kind of curls that the shorter it is the bigger it it. It's huge. It's generally damaged. I can't afford to spend loads of money on hair product, though! And homemade stuff isn't n option- my dad refuses to buy anything that we can't eat, and my mom sticks with the same brands she's always used. My mom has super kinky curly hair, but I have looser curls that grow down. (My mom is African American, and my dad is White and he had wavy hair so it's a combination of the two.) What products (preferably that I can find a Walgreens!) help hair grow and can "heal" it?
My hair is stubborn. What I thought would help me only resulted in horrible, damaged hair. Straightening my hair is now the only reasonable thing I can do. So, I am no longer CG. Not until my hair gets fixed.
Goal- Long, shiny locks! Currently shoulder length when curly. Goal is to reach around right below chest area. Wish me luck! :)

Comments

• Chrissy12294Chrissy12294 Posts: 5Registered Users
    I love Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask, I use it once every 3-4 days and it works great! Also I have a leave in conditioner it's from a company called mop, I bought it at harmons but it might be a walgreens. hope this helps
  • ILovejuiceboxesILovejuiceboxes Posts: 50Registered Users
    It really does, thanks. I'm going out later to splurge on some products and it's nice to know which ones work.
    My hair is stubborn. What I thought would help me only resulted in horrible, damaged hair. Straightening my hair is now the only reasonable thing I can do. So, I am no longer CG. Not until my hair gets fixed.
    Goal- Long, shiny locks! Currently shoulder length when curly. Goal is to reach around right below chest area. Wish me luck! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file