Totally new water- totally new hair care?

TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I bought a water conditioner. When we bought it, the company also gave us a TON of free cleaning supplies, which included personal care. Among the personal care cleaning supplies is a sulfate- and 'cone-free shampoo!

So now, instead of having disgustingly hard water, we have wonderfully soft water. So now I'm looking at my condish options. I was going to get CJ Daily Fix when I had hard water, but I'm not sure I need it now. I'm still leaning toward buying it, though, so I have some questions.

Do I need to use a shampoo with CJ DF? *CAN* I use a shampoo with it? How long will a bottle usually last? How much water do you add to thin it a bit? I know, I'm asking a ton of questions, but I'd like to make sure it's affordable for me (I quit my teaching job and am back in school).

And as a complete non-sequitor, I'm so proud of my husband- when we went condish browsing, he asked me how he can tell if there's a 'cone in the condish (I explained to him that since we'll have sulfate-free shampoo, we really don't need 'cones in our conditioners) and is trying to learn how to read the labels to avoid it!
CG: 9/4/09

3a and 3b/F/ii

Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
Shampoo (Sulfate-free): Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (use 1-2x/week)
Styling Product: HETT mousse

TRYING to grow it out- maybe softer water and going almost strictly CG will help!

Comments

• abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    What's the name of this stuff :toothy2: my inner PJ needs to know.

I think you can still use Daily Fix. I mean it will remove hard water build up but I don't think it's meant for use by only people with hard water. I guess I would use it more often then the low poo and when your hair looks like it could use a good low poo then go for it.

I like your husband... do you think you have him come over and talk to mine LOL.
  • TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
    I *think* you can only purchase the shampoo (it's a concentrate- you have to use the conditioned water to mix it) if you have the water conditioner.

ETA: And my husband is pretty much "whatever", but he knows I know more science-y stuff than he does, so he accepts it and wants to follow it if I think it'll work.
    CG: 9/4/09

3a and 3b/F/ii

Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
    Shampoo (Sulfate-free): Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (use 1-2x/week)
    Styling Product: HETT mousse

TRYING to grow it out- maybe softer water and going almost strictly CG will help!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file