Trying Eco Styler for the first time....

happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
I just tried eco styler for the first time. I saw a ton of good reviews on here so I went to Sallys and picked up a bottle since I had run out of La looks anyway.

I got out of the shower and put about a quarter sized amount in my hair and it felt terribly gross and sticky.:confused4: It was so sticky I almost showered again but then my hair absorbed it and the stickiness is pretty much gone now.

I didn't scrunch my hair as I usually do because I don't really like the feel of the gel but my hair is already clumping on its own. There isn't much frizz as of yet so I am hopeful it will look good when it is dry.

I will let you know how it turns out. Hopefully well....
Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:

Comments

• sweety10189110sweety10189110 Posts: 129Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hope it works for you :). I usually have to mix some water with mine before I scrunch so it distributes easily.
    Mod CG since 4/10
    Products being used ATM
    Wash: KCCC, CJDF, AOGPB
    Rinseout:: Tresemme Naturals
    Moisturizing and Volume, Yes to Cucumbers
    LI: Giovanni DLI, KCKT
    DT: CJH&BDF, CJCR
    Every Day Stylers: KCCC, AOMM, Biotera Curl Cream, CJCCCC-Lite, CJCIAB, CJCQ, LALGs
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Posts: 643Registered Users
    Did you use a LI underneath? I use a LI, and use it on soaking wet hair and shingle to make sure it goes on evenly. I had to learn that less is more with this one!
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    I hope it works for you :). I usually have to mix some water with mine before I scrunch so it distributes easily.

When my hair dried it actually looked really good. Hardly any frizz and my curls were so soft it felt like there was no product in it at all. This is very unusual because it was raining all day and usually when it rains I look like a chia pet... so I decided to give eco styler another try despite the gross stickiness...

So I mixed some water with a small amount of eco styler in my palm and this time divided my hair into sections and did one section at a time. My hair didn't feel all gross and I'm pretty sure I used a little more today than yesterday... so then i scrunched and we will see how it goes....

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

• Laney1Laney1 Posts: 308Registered Users
    I just started using EcoStyler and I love it! I can't use it alone though and get 2nd ,3rd and 4th day hair.

So, I use OnceC leave in, blot dry my hair, then rake in lots of curl keeper section by section, then rake in Ecosytler after I rub it in my palms really good, then scrunch in some Re:coil. I'm loving it because it's elogating my curls more than if I just use my Curl Keeper and Re:coil. It sounds like a lot of product, but I'm finding it's not bad and my hair is drying more quickly because I'm using less Re:coil.

I hope it works out for you!:toothy8:
    3B, with some 3C
  • happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    I am thinking Eco styler is a keeper.
    I have been using eco styler by itself and I have been having consistently good results.
    I also noticed my curls aren't terribly frizzy and they are a little stretched out making me more of a 3a than the 3a/3b mix that I'm used to. I don't mind. I kind of like having these romantic curls.

I am just amazed because I have NEVER gotten good results using one styling product and now I can just put in this gel and I have good hair without too much crunch (and I have been using a lot).
    I have also noticed that it works really well on rainy days.... in fact my hair has been looking a little better on rainy days.... maybe it is because there is less humidity or something???

I would repurchase.

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file