New Body Shop conditioners

aunttallulahaunttallulah Posts: 206Registered Users
Has anyone here tried the new body shop sulfate,silicone, paraben free line they have?

I was looking at it yesterday & I am wondering how they are.

THANKS!:)
Toronto, Ontario Curlie
2c/3a Fine Texture/Normal Porostiy/Normal elasticity
Using:CJCR/CJBH, Kevin Murphy Maxi wash, AG: recoil, JCCC, DBPSC, SSPT, SSPS, CHSCK
Air Dry only!
Want to take my new found knowledge and apply it to make lovely lush locks!
Living life one curl at a time!

Comments

• sarina32sarina32 Posts: 200Registered Users
    I've also been wondering about them! Hopefully somebody chimes in. I know I saw mini versions of most of the new "rainforest" product line in the store, so I might try some of those.
    Ontario, Canada
    3a/3b - fine texture/high porosity
    CURRENT LINE-UP:
    experimenting....
    Others: CLU towel, Mebco comb, occasional diffuser
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I saw them the other day too and I think I might pick up a few 60ml bottles while they have their promotion sale.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I've used the Rainforest Moisture Conditioner as a co-wash a couple of times. I'm not crazy about the scent which IMO is herbal with a hint of honey. It is thick and creamy, moisturizing and leaves my scalp feeling clean. I didn't find it had much slip for detangling. I would attribute the clean feeling to the ingredient Salicylic Acid. Salicylic Acid in hair products diminishes flaking, clears pores and promotes cell regrowth. It's an ingredient that is used in dandruff shampoos and thinning hair products which may be of interest to some. :icon_smile: I'm not ready to say yay or nay yet. I'll use it a few more times before I decide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    Have picked up both the moisture shampoo and the condish..will report back as soon as I have used it!
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • aunttallulahaunttallulah Posts: 206Registered Users
    I bit the bullet & got a small of the moisture butter & the Shine coniditioner (w/olive oil). There was a sale where you could get one product for 50% off and then 3 products more for 30%, so I thought i would give them a try.
    I will report back
    Toronto, Ontario Curlie
    Using:CJCR/CJBH, Kevin Murphy Maxi wash, AG: recoil, JCCC, DBPSC, SSPT, SSPS, CHSCK
    Air Dry only!
    soo...I used the shampoo this morning, its more like a low poo and wasn't drying at all. Didnt leave tangled or anything and has left my hair feeling clean but not squeaky. Not bad.

and less like this
  • curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    09robiha wrote: »
    soo...I used the shampoo this morning, its more like a low poo and wasn't drying at all. Didnt leave tangled or anything and has left my hair feeling clean but not squeaky. Not bad.

I used the moisture shampoo too and found it actually good. No dry feeling when rinsed. The co didn't have a lot of slip, however for my fine hair it's not bad as I don't really like one that has too much moisture & conditioning.
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders

I used the moisture shampoo too and found it actually good. No dry feeling when rinsed. The co didn't have a lot of slip, however for my fine hair it's not bad as I don't really like one that has too much moisture & conditioning.

I have to say thank you so much for the rec on Britishcurlies.com CurlyMich, although I didnt style my hair curly the day I used shampoo, the next day I just used a rinse out and I had suuuuper volume and spirals ....and several compliments!!

I havent tried the condish yet because I am loving the Marie Dean samples I have but I will try it soon. Ever tried the banana condish??

and less like this

I have to say thank you so much for the rec on Britishcurlies.com CurlyMich, although I didnt style my hair curly the day I used shampoo, the next day I just used a rinse out and I had suuuuper volume and spirals ....and several compliments!!

I havent tried the condish yet because I am loving the Marie Dean samples I have but I will try it soon. Ever tried the banana condish??

I haven't tried the banana condish - will maybe look at it next time I'm in town. Have you used it?
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

• SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
    hi! I got some just the other day. i got the "radiance" shampoo and conditioner-it's meant for color treated hair, and my hair's not colored but I loved the way it smelt so good; thats why I got it. I've only used it once and I thought it was just okay. But then, my hair has been problematic lately so it might just be me. I like the consistency of the shampoo and the fact that neither product has dyes in it. The shampoo is somewhat thick and yet easily spreadable ? My one complaint is the size of the bottles. Curlies tend to use alot of conditioner and I just felt like I had to use so much to get my hair moisturized, I'll probably be done with the bottle quickly. They are ten dollars each, 15 dollars together right now though.

Still, my favorite thing is the smell. It reminds me of grape soda. :tongue5:
    3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
    Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
    Suave and VO5!!!
    they seem expensive in the US - here in the UK the special offer just now you get 2 for £6 (they are £4 each normally)
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

• SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
    maybe you get a smaller size there? IDK. It seems like most things are expensive here, to me. :/
    3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
    Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
    Suave and VO5!!!

I haven't tried the banana condish - will maybe look at it next time I'm in town. Have you used it?

No I wa hoping you had!! I always pick it up, and it smells yummy.

and less like this
    ok you have twisted my arm! lol I'll get it next time I'm in and try it and let you know!:icon_smile:
    UK curly

Hair loves protein!
    new pics added Jan 2012

• aunttallulahaunttallulah Posts: 206Registered Users
    I did try the moisture butter & the shine condish.

I tried the condish as a LI the first time as I was leaving out the door. My mother is sensitive to scent so I don't like to hang around with stinky product.
    It was alright
    The nextime, I washed & used the moisture butter as directed and then used the conidsh ( I didn't see that it says to add a little water with it!) .
    Boy did my hair stink, even for me. I smelt it all night long.

I am contemplating trying again to see how I feel.
    I got 50% off on the Condish and 30% off on the butter. So at least I didn't spend too much money
    Toronto, Ontario Curlie
    Air Dry only!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file