Please Tell Me it'll Go back to Normal!

au naturale27au naturale27 Posts: 6Registered Users
i've been transitioning about a year now. and lately i've been puttin a lot of heat on my hair. i'm now going back to only putting heat on it atleast once a month again, but i've noticed that my curls aren't as tight & coiled as they were before. if i take care of it more & condition it with out heat, will it go back to its natural state? or am i stuck with limp curls forever? :(

Comments

• allme89allme89 Posts: 34Registered Users
    it only takes one time for heat damage! if you constantly you have heat then curls are going to be loose.
    12.75in.----4a----NTM junkie----homemade products addict---prenatal vitamins pill popper---mother of 3---21 yo house girlfriend---from the lonestarstate

current goal 19inches----sl
    :iroc:
  • AquarianWavesAquarianWaves Posts: 238Registered Users
    Awww :(

Allme is right. I attempted to straighten my hair ONCE, luckily I started at the nape of my neck, but the curls NEVER returned. I tried everything, then I finally had to cut the damaged part off. This is why I will never straighten my hair again, I'm too scared. So if I want straight hair...I weave it up! lol
  • au naturale27au naturale27 Posts: 6Registered Users
    thanks ,
    ugh, im so hurt i feel like crying. i've been transitioning with LONG relaxed ends for a year now, been through hell & back, now it feels like all my hard work has gone down the drain. :'(
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try a heavy protein treatment, that might help, like Aphogee. This is also why I am too scared to straighten. I spend WAY too much time caring for my Izzy.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file