protein treatments and use

moo49moo49 Posts: 118Registered Users
how often should i use a protein condish?

Comments

• teachermrwteachermrw Posts: 269Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    moo49 wrote: »
    how often should i use a protein condish?

Here you go:

http://www.long-healthy-hair-advisor.com/protein-conditioner.html
    Your hair is your most important accessory.

event.png
  • moo49moo49 Posts: 118Registered Users
    thank you
  • allme89allme89 Posts: 34Registered Users
    listen to your hair! you can just add an egg to your conditioner for a protein treatment

tell me your products.

http://journals.fotki.com/allme89/assesments/
    12.75in.----4a----NTM junkie----homemade products addict---prenatal vitamins pill popper---mother of 3---21 yo house girlfriend---from the lonestarstate

current goal 19inches----sl
    :iroc:
    I use honeysuckle rose condish, smooth as silk condish (thats the protein one), and also a leave in which contains protein. My hair doesn't like protein overload so I think I'll try doing the protein condish every three to four weeks.
    i do my protein treatment once a month because i cowash alot with protein conditioner! i dont add mine to conditioner but people do. make sure u are doing the treatment right! how often did u usually do it. how do your hair feel now?
    12.75in.----4a----NTM junkie----homemade products addict---prenatal vitamins pill popper---mother of 3---21 yo house girlfriend---from the lonestarstate

well my hair had been bone dry and i didnt know why but when i added protein and then rinsed that out and put my moisturizing condish in my hair is much better and stronger but when i put the protein leave in on it went dry. so my hair doesn't need too much protein like that but i'll keep the protein condish on in regular use. I don't really have a protein treatment like the little packets you buy and mix up for your hair. Should I get those? What brand/type do you recommend? I have 4a hair.
    no i dont buy packets either. i use an homemade recipe. get it for u later! yeah thats way too much protein! use a moisturizer leave in and seal with shea butter or evoo. some people even just do water and shea butter but since you have protein overload use a leave in or a daily moisturizer. dc once a week if all natural then u can get away with once every two weeks. cowash with both first use ur moisturizer then your protein or vice versa (alot of people dont know they can do that). thats what i do i use NTM conditioner then VO5. i do my protein treatment once a month. u can try it and if it doesnt work still cut back on the protein more and use mostly moisturizing conditoner. u can increase the amt of moisturizer or decrease you rprotein. try different things. you are lucky your hair isnt breaking from the overload. what works for me may not work for u. make sure u are rinising it all. if u shampoo no sls. only lather once rinse good. do you clarify?

i am a 4a too! how is your phyiscal and mental health? (not saying you are crazy but they can affect growth. just covering all bases) stress can be a problem with growth

I did experience some breakage though not a lot (thank goodness). My mental and physical health are all good and I don't have stress. I use an organic shampoo though I might have to convert to one for dandruff but other than that I need to go out and get a better moisturizing condish because i'm all out. I'm taking multivitamins and I plan to eat more fruits and vegetables as well as drinking more water.
    well just add about 4 drops of 100% to your shampoo. Its natural and its very good for dandruff and it stimulates your scalp. Some people use more some use less. Try 4 at first if their is no tingling then you probably need more. i use tea tree oil for the stimulation it offers!

I went and got deva curl one condition as my moisturizing condish. I'm going to test it out in a few days so that I don't cause my braids to frizz up. I'll try that recipe, i've heard a lot about home remedies for dandruff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file