Henna on dark hair

MsLadyJMsLadyJ Posts: 7Registered Users
I've been wanting to color my hair but I want to color it naturally and I've been reading so much about henna but I really dont see anyting about it really doing anything on dark hair. My hair is a dark brown 3b/4a but I want it red. I know that as a conditioner it works great but has anyone had success with color on dark hair?

:afro:
jayswonderland
BC-02/25/09
3b/4a

Comments

• KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    Depends on the red you want. I henna my dark brown hair. It puts red over the brown so it's now brighter but still dark. The red is very natural for me and actually brings my color back to when I was little. I love it but it isn't noticeable in all lights.
  • MsLadyJMsLadyJ Posts: 7Registered Users
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    Depends on the red you want. I henna my dark brown hair. It puts red over the brown so it's now brighter but still dark. The red is very natural for me and actually brings my color back to when I was little. I love it but it isn't noticeable in all lights.

So it gives more of a natural red look? I dont want it bright red but I do want it noticeable. Are there ways to lighten naturally? Or other ways to dye naturally?
    :afro:
    jayswonderland
    BC-02/25/09
    3b/4a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file