need advice on salon colouring

daneloverdanelover Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
i'm due to have my hair coloured this coming week and was wondering if everyone who gets their hair coloured allows the salon to shampoo your hair afterward?...if we're cg how do you go about asking your stylist NOT to use shampoo in a tactful manner?

Comments

• ChAoTiCbLiSsChAoTiCbLiSs Posts: 127Registered Users
    I do...and they use regular shampoo. I get a DC and then cover it with my own conditioner for the ride home. When I get home I always get in the shower and wash with a sulfate non-silicone shampoo and cover with a non-protein DC that I then leave on for a few days.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have a shampoo after bleaching. If you want them to use a different shampoo (non-sulfate) or conditioner, bring it with you and just explain you'd like them to use those products.
    3b/2b/3c mix
    ~no heat, sulfates, silicones, mineral oil or petrolatum~
    CURLS, My Honey Child , KCKT, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic, & Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
  • daneloverdanelover Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    can i ask what a DC is?...
    I do...and they use regular shampoo. I get a DC and then cover it with my own conditioner for the ride home. When I get home I always get in the shower and wash with a sulfate non-silicone shampoo and cover with a non-protein DC that I then leave on for a few days.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have a shampoo after bleaching. If you want them to use a different shampoo (non-sulfate) or conditioner, bring it with you and just explain you'd like them to use those products.
  • CurlyinWyoCurlyinWyo Posts: 10Registered Users
    Ive been bringing my own shampoo/conditioner/style products the last 2 times I got my hair colored. My stylist loves trying new products and she is the one that told me about CG. I think if you tell your stylist about CG and bring your own product, they will be fine with it. Saves them money too because you arent using their product :)
  • daneloverdanelover Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i just bring my own products...
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    For those of you who bring your own products to a salon, is the salon one like Aveda, where they use their own products exclusively? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file