Anyone with perfect hair out the door and poof at the end of the day?

VenesKatVenesKat Posts: 4Registered Users
Just wondering who else cause I take a shower in the morning, style my hair then leave for school then when I come back my hair is all wild! :[ Especially after PE when i run (Cause where i live most schools dont have gyms for PE only for sports like volleyball and basket ball so we're outside!)

medium sized curls that get bigger with length
Type 3b mixed with a few others
High elasticity

Comments

• carlyisapiratecarlyisapirate Posts: 59Registered Users
    UGH! Yesterday morning I took a shower and my hair looked fairly nice. Then in the afternoon, I went to the mall with my friend and on the way there, she was driving with the windows down and it messed up my hair...badly. Such a bad feeling. The weather also messes up my hair :(
  • alaskantsunamialaskantsunami Posts: 421Registered Users
    I just use really great mousse and leave in, and for the most part it stays the same. I gain some volume throughout the day, but it doesn't poof or frizz usually.
    2C and all the 3s, iii, F, natural brunette.
    mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
    Hyde: I don't have a guy. This righteous moss is a gift from God.
    -That 70s Show
  • curlycue3curlycue3 Posts: 36Registered Users
    Everyday I style my hair just perfectly but when i get home i realize i look like a hot mess! I think its because my hair is always a bit wet when i leave and curls always look better wet (in my opinion).
    * 3b/3c hair
    * conditioner -Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner
    *Styling Products -
    Cantu Shea Butter
    Eco Styler Olive Oil
  • ninja_stefninja_stef Posts: 42Registered Users
    That's EXACTLY how my hair would be when I flat ironed it everyday. It would just *poof* as soon as I left the house.

But now that I'm wearing it curly it behaves better throughout the day. The only time it gets out of hand is when I'm outside from like 1 to 3 for marching band practice! And that's only from moving around and dancing so much.
    My routine:
    • Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Rinse Out: Suave Coconut & Honey
    • Cold Water Rinse
    • Leave-In: Suave Naturals Coconut
    • Scrunch in a dab of olive oil
    • Gel: Herbal Essence Set Me Up
    • Plop for 45 min. to an hour
    • Clip and air dry
    • When nearly dry, pineapple for a few minutes, then SOTC
    I'm just a 3a/3b curly teen trying to manage the crazy humidity in MS!
  • coolcurlyfrycoolcurlyfry Posts: 21Registered Users
    definitely! that happens to me too! i would reccomend keeping hair ties or scrunchies in your locker so if you have something where ur moving around a lot (P.E.!) you can throw it up in an easy pony or bun.
    3b/3a-ish with a mind of it's own!
    dry, thick
    co-wash/leave-in: vo5 tea therapy chamomile and mint
    Totally Twisted gel
    aveda shine cream-y thing
    mist with water
    sometimes a few random things from my bathroom drawer lol
    :blob2:
  • paigerobin2012paigerobin2012 Posts: 24Registered Users
    Omggggg ME!!! In The Morning My Hair Is Frizz Free And It Doesnt Look Ugly or anything buth when i get home I Look like a lion out of the lion king and i dont notice it while i am at school which is sad because HOW COULD I NOT!
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Yes! This used to happen to me all the time! It wasn't happening very much before, but I quit using products and just use leave-in so now if it is really humid outside them my hair turns into a poof ball! Karazyness!!! haha

The other night I was experimenting with my hair and I didn't put any product in, and it was looking awesome! I loved it, but then everyone decided to go outside (it was really humid) and when I came back in POOF!!! It wasn't very nice!! I agree with CoolCurlyFry, I do that a lot... always try to make sure I have something with me to put my hair up in. Plus I have 5 sisters, so they usually have something if I don't haha
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • AddisonsLionsManeAddisonsLionsMane Posts: 17Registered Users
    YES. That happens ALL the timee(:
    I walk out the doooor with nice, non-frizzy hair,, and when I walk in, it looks like I got dragged through a BUSH. :((
    Hay hay hay(: I'm a 13 year old girl in 8th grade!! I suffer from frizzy hair of EPIC PORPORTIONS(:

Co-wash: Burts Bees Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Super Shiny Conditioner
    Rinse-out: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    Extras: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse

I LOVE MY LIONS MANE!!!(:

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    yea i no the feeling, although i finished school, n just started looking after my hair, i can style it in the mornin n im loven it, then in the avo it looks so..... ba!!! big fizzy icky mess :(

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • SquigglesSquiggles Posts: 21Registered Users
    i don't know what i do at school. i leave the house with damp decent hair... then when i arrive home and look in the mirror :afro: PPOOOOFF. when its windy and my hairs down its especially bad. i have a ton of short frizzy bits that like to wave at people, on the top of my head. the annoying part is that no-one seems to mention to me that my hair has grown into a poof. i think they all just assume that im the girl with the curly frizzy hair and that i probably know about my hair's"expansion/growth" over the course of the day. :blob:
  • AriodanteAriodante Posts: 19Registered Users
    After about an hour my hair gets all scraggly and gross. Not to mention frizzy!
    It's infuriating!
    Sissy <3
    3A Curls
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal
    Celebrity hair twin: Vanessa Hudgens
    “Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton.” -Dean Koontz

:glasses7:
    ^ Off the subject I know....But I saw your (Ariodante) hair twin is Kiera Knightly...I'm so jealous!
  • Curlgurl515Curlgurl515 Posts: 83Registered Users
    OMG! I can totally relate to that! After gym my hair poofs up, and the curls don't lay as nice!!!
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    I'm usually lucky enough to not get much change in my hair at all during the day, but if I end up on the beach later on or it suddenly gets really cold at night my hair responds by getting this nice fuzz along the canopy XD SO ANNOYING
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
  • jcfrizzlejcfrizzle Posts: 90Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I too, love my hair when I walk out the door. As the day progresses, my hair poofs out like crazy! With the help of a head band and a few bobby pins, I make a pulled back afro look. Everyone loves it, and no one realizes that I'm salvaging my hair!!!

If you want a product that helps with frizz and keeping moisture, look for products with humectants! I happen to love Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade, just don't use too much! If I don't have my pomade, I go with the headband afro!
    Love my auburn 3b/3c curls!! Favorite products are Treseme Naturals conditioner and DevaCare ArcAngel(<---miracle for definition!) I really just want to GROW MY HAIR OUT!! It's not really working...
    This just happened to me the other day at a wedding. I was sooo upset!
  • RingletTeenLoveRingletTeenLove Posts: 116Registered Users
    Ugh do I ever. My hair won't necessarily poof but it will get very dry which results in frizzy hair. Which is why I wear it straightened usualy

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file