I want Jet Black hair....

rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Posts: 372Registered Users
How would I go about getting it with the least damage possible? Because I've worked on my hair too long for any type of damage...my hair is dark brown almost black, but in the sun you can see it has a red tint, but in pictures it looks kinda bluish black. I've also henna'd my hair once back in March or April.

Natural Light Inside of Building

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/sparkleinthedark/ksjdkla-1.jpg

Artificial Light (Similar to what it looks like when outside)

http://public.fotki.com/rachoandjaso/year2/august-2010-novembe/puff.html

Any suggestions?
awnmvgt87.png
4a/OS/FN/Spongy
Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
I think my hair likes cones... :)

Comments

• CurlyToastCurlyToast Posts: 579Registered Users
    demi-perm color -- no lift, minimal damage.

Or double process hendigo.
  • mermadelovemermadelove Posts: 188Registered Users
    CurlyToast wrote: »

+1
    3c/4a/fine strands/medium porosity/iii-dense!
    http://public.fotki.com/mermadelove/natural-hair-journey/
    wash: JC Hair Cleansing Cream or cowash
    Leave in: HE Dangerously Straight, HE HH
    Occasional Treatmet/Pre-poo: AV Shikakai Growth Elixir, Wild Woozle Tiare Pomade, Ojon Restorative Hair Tx
    Tightly Curly Method Convert <3 cured of PJism (alas.....) Now I'm a makeup PJ!!! :D
    BC'd on 6/17/10!!!! Do I like it??:confused: I love it!!
    ~*~~*Sparkle on!*~~*~
  • ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    Dying your hair Black wont cause damage. Its adding color ass opposed to lightening it which strips it. As long as you do it in moderation, when needed you will be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
    Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
    http://public.fotki.com/7788/hair-growth-ultra-n/
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users

or even semi permanent rinse.. i only did a semi perm in jet black once and it stained my hair! You dont need anything with peroxide or ammonia (or any of the chemicals that make dye "bad") because the pigments in rinses are enough to do the trick.

I used Kiss or Adore Brand semi-permanent color. They are deposit only so they are not damaging!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ZARIA** wrote: »
    Dying your hair Black wont cause damage. Its adding color ass opposed to lightening it which strips it. As long as you do it in moderation, when needed you will be fine.

Oh yes it can. LOL! There are plenty of permanent and some semi-permanent black dyes on the market that contain ammonia and/or hydrogen perioxide that does damage the hair. They actually lift your natural color and then deposit the black on the hair. So they do "lift" believe it or not. I use Natural Instincts in a dark black color..even it "lifts".

Using a black rinse/a good demi-permanent on the hair that just coats it won't damage the hair..but a black dye with ammonias or peroxides in them make the hair porous damaging it.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Posts: 1,072Registered Users
    Reeky wrote: »

or even semi permanent rinse.. i only did a semi perm in jet black once and it stained my hair! You dont need anything with peroxide or ammonia (or any of the chemicals that make dye "bad") because the pigments in rinses are enough to do the trick.

I used Kiss or Adore Brand semi-permanent color. They are deposit only so they are not damaging!

Can anyone elaborate on this "double process" hendigo? Is it different from regular hendigo? lol I want to start adding indigo to my henna treatments (I'm about done with the reddish/brown color) To you ladies with chemical dye and henna experience: does indigo color as well as chemical dyes?
  • ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    ZARIA** wrote: »

Oh yes it can. LOL! There are plenty of permanent and some semi-permanent black dyes on the market that contain ammonia and/or hydrogen perioxide that does damage the hair. They actually lift your natural color and then deposit the black on the hair. So they do "lift" believe it or not. I use Natural Instincts in a dark black color..even it "lifts".

Using a black rinse/a good demi-permanent on the hair that just coats it won't damage the hair..but a black dye with ammonias or peroxides in them make the hair porous damaging it.
    Omg you are SO right..I never thought about it that way. :sad1: I guess the dark color hides the damage..too true!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
    Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
    http://public.fotki.com/7788/hair-growth-ultra-n/
  • OnyxK.OnyxK. Posts: 157Registered Users
    use it at 3 times 2 weeks apart. leave in overnight or close to 8 hrs each time. it supposedly bonds with the hair the 3rd time. (yay!)

my 3rd times coming up. hopefully it'll stay dark
    4a/b-whatever! with a twa
    hair properties: fine,porous,dense
    :blob7: SheaMoisture Coconut hibiscus Line:blob7:
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used both semi and demi blue/black hair color over the years. I've always liked Goldwell Blue Black 2A and Loreal Color Gems Blue Black 1.1.

The "blue" in the color would always fade after a few weeks, but the black was longer lasting. I only had to dye my hair once ever few months and I had no damage.

I made the mistake of using the box Garnier 100% Color Gel Permanent Creme Color, Blue Black 210. Huge mistake! I did this a years ago and the bottom half of my hair is still black (I dont want it to be now) and and dried my hair a bit. I'm able to recover it via protein treatments and deep conditioning. I also cut a few inches off this past spring. .
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file