Bad hair year! What type of hair do I have?

liongirl29liongirl29 Posts: 42Registered Users
Hi there! I am new to this site and need some help with my hair. It is a pain to work with and I have more bad hair days than good. I don't know which products to use, etc because I don't really know which kind of hairtype I have and I think the celeb pictures are kind of misleading, as their hair is professionally styled...:angry1:

Is someone able to point me in the right direction by looking at my photo? My hair is very textured with lots of layers right now. I seem to have tighter s-curls on the top layer and more wavy underneath (the hair closest to my neck is nearly straight. I never know what my hair is going to look like before I style it. It's really hard to straighten and, while I have quite a bit of body, the roots can be quite flat if I don't mess with them alot. I am pretty "amateur" when it comes to my own hair, and I would like to gain control over my mop!! :rabbit:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

**I do realize my "avatar" photo is hard to see...wonder if there's another way to post a larger photo?
Curltype:Fine, 2C underneath, Mostly 3A, with some 3B thrown in there. Normal porosity.
Shampoo: Elucence, clarify with sulfates 1x per month
Conditioner: Elucence MBC,
Products: Devacurl Angel, LALSG
I can't go totally CG as it weighs my hair down FAST. Hard water.
Bad haircut finally starting to grow out and look normal again!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file