Hair dry after first co-wash? Help!

JuneauJuneau Posts: 8Registered Users
First of all.. don't mind the mistakes in English in my posts, English isn't my mainlanguage!

Secondly, I've just started co-wash/cg/no-poo yesterday and washed my hair first with a siliconefree shampoo with sulfate to get rid of al the cones in my hair.

Then I washed it TWICE with Inecto coconut conditioner and left it a couple of minutes and washed it out (I still have to buy an other conditioner).

As leave-in I used the same inecto coco conditioner and a bit of nivea flexible curls creme.

The result is brilliant; I have more curls and much more volume. But the problem is, is that my hair ain't that soft.. in fact, it's superdry and very frizzy..

Is this just because my hair has to get used to this method and do I just have to be patient, or am I doing something wrong?

Plz help! :-)

Comments

• kaika_dragonkaika_dragon Posts: 50Registered Users
    Maybe you need to try a different condish- v05 works well for me. Putting in gel after you apply your leave in should take care of the frizz. Out of curiosity, what is your first language?
    College student with super-fine 3a-b curls.
    Currently loving shampoo bars, and looking for a new conditioner and leave-in.
    Just lovin' the smileys!!!
    CG for three and a half years!
    :blob7::blob6: :evil5::book:
  • JuneauJuneau Posts: 8Registered Users
    Maybe you need to try a different condish- v05 works well for me. Putting in gel after you apply your leave in should take care of the frizz. Out of curiosity, what is your first language?

Thanks for ur answer!

I´m going to wash my hair a couple more times with the inecto and if i don´t notice any difference (i.e. if my hair stays this dry and frizzy), I'll change the conditioner.

Thanks for ur tip, I don't use gel yet, so I'll go to the store today and buy some gel and moisture.

Well, I'm originally from Morocco, but I live (and was born) in Holland. :-)
  • Ms EwingMs Ewing Posts: 3Registered Users
    I'm on day 8 of Co Washing......and my hair gets softer every day. I'm very pleased but I wish it would hurry up : )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file