New to Curl Talk and to CG

Hello I have been an avid lurker for a while now. Let me tell you I have seen some gorgeous curly hair on here. I recently realized how my hair does not need detergents or silicones or any harsh chemicals.

I used to dye my hair from peroxide blonde to fire engine red, to brown many times throughout the year. However year after year my hair was losing its curl.

I am two days into CG. I am using no-poo and one condition by devacurl and AG recoil creme and GF curl shaping gel and some back to basic spray leave in conditioner.

I am really trying to see what the best gel is before I spend even more money.

I can already tell even MORE improvement in my hair, it is more curlier. I still am having some problems with some strands on top not wanting to curl. I hope this will get better with time.

If you have any suggestions on hair gel or how to get more defined curls , that would be amazing.

So far so good!

Edit:
I uploaded a avatar pic of tonight after washing my hair and using all the products listed above. My hair is everywhere and all different patterns! I have no clude what number and letter I am! (2b maybe?)

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I think it is a good idea to start with cheap stuff until you get a handle on what your hair likes. If you want to try more expensive things, the user kathymack sells samples. Click on the fotki in her siggi.
    If you want clumps (bigger 1 inch sections of curls), try the icequeen method or the super soaker method. For me better clumps=better waves. You may also like plopping. (youtube has videos).
    If you like a hard hold with gel try LA looks sports or curls gel (seriously, HG for many), or herbal essence set me up. For me nothing compares to biosilk rock hard gelle that lives up to its name.

Since you have wavy hair, you are in luck. Check this thread for someone with hair like yours. Then you can see which products and techniques they use.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=90412
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file