I missed my anniversary!

TorimomTorimom Posts: 258Registered Users
I was posting pics of my DDs birthday and I realized I missed my 1yr natural anniversary! It went by so fast and I've had alot of growth. I'm considering going in for my first trim since I'm getting so many tangles now. No one has touched my hair with scissors since 7/12/2009.
The first picture is 7/25/2009 at Tori's 2nd birthday wash and scrunch with Suave 8 gel. It was still damp. The 2nd is 7/25/2010 at her 3rd birthday co-wash and Tresseme Naturals as leave in with HESMU gel on top. It was dry but not scrunched.
Baby girl's hair was slightly straightened with an electric hot comb set on medium and then flexi-rods in her bangs and pony tails. I made her hair bows myself. She looked so grown up that I'm never doing it again! (For the record her curls came back the next day)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All Natural Since July 2009
Avatar Pic: HESMU gel over Tresemme Naturals as leave-in 7/25/10. I hadn't had time to SOTC but it got nice and full later (no pic:sad10:)
Last Relaxer: February 2008
Type: 4a canopy, 3c mid, 3b nape, semi porous, ii
Current Favorite: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Trying: Castor Oil

Comments

• CSICSI Posts: 140Registered Users
    Congratulations! Can't wait till I make 1 year, then 2, and so on and so on. You look great! :)
  • TorimomTorimom Posts: 258Registered Users
    Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Avatar Pic: HESMU gel over Tresemme Naturals as leave-in 7/25/10. I hadn't had time to SOTC but it got nice and full later (no pic:sad10:)
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! You had a lot of growth this year.. your hair is twice as long as when you started. :toothy5:
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    congratz!!!
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    Congratulations! You had a lot of growth this year.. your hair is twice as long as when you started. :toothy5:

That is the oddest thing to me! And what's crazy is that I liked it better back in November when I could get a nice puff and it was a breeze to style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Torimom wrote: »
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

That is the oddest thing to me! And what's crazy is that I liked it better back in November when I could get a nice puff and it was a breeze to style.

Funny, right? I guess once you get past in-between purgatory, there's a whole nother basket of issues to deal with.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! Yours and your little girl's hair are adorable. You did have a lot of growth. What is your routine?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Congratulations! Yours and your little girl's hair are adorable. You did have a lot of growth. What is your routine?

Thanks!
    Lately alot of laziness! I haven't DC'd in months and I'm not strictly CG although I lean that way. I work for a bank but behind the scenes so I don't need my hair to look "presentable" so usually it's just cowash daily with VO5 Passion Fruit or Strawberry and use Tresseme as a leave in. Sometimes I use White Rain Coconut to cowash. I'll bun it wet or leave it in a pony. Occasionally I'll put a bit of HESMU gel in for added shine and clumping if I just have a ponytail. If I have build up on my scalp or feel itchy I will shampoo. I think it's Suave Naturals coconut shampoo.

I don't even detangle much anymore because I gets so tangled the next day from sleeping on it I'm like "Why even bother?". I did much better detangling when I was DCing every Sunday and way fewer SSKs.

Now for the little one I wash with Johnson's Baby Shampoo on Sunday and use VO5 Passion Fruit as a leave in. I will only use Johnson's if I used mineral oil that week. If not its a co-wash with whatever CG conditioner I have close to the tub. If I have time to do twists that night I make about 20-30 and seal while damp with unrefined shea butter. That is the only time I use shea since I hate the smell. Putting it in at night helps it to fade a bit before daycare on Monday.

If she isn't in twists and has pony tails it I redo them every day so that her hair is decorated (that's her term) to match her clothes. First I spray with water and then more VO5 as a leave in. As the end of the week approaches her hair gets a bit dull so I may put Kids Organics Gro Strong over the water/conditioner. It has mineral oil in it but it's near the bottom of the ingredients list and she does well with it.

We love the Goody No Metal hair bands in every color. They are AWESOME!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AuroraE95AuroraE95 Posts: 124Registered Users
    hey we almost have the same aniversary...were in the week i think...WHOO WHOO HAPPY 1 YEAR ANIVERSARY!!! :headbang::glasses11:
    Inspiration [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]SOPHINA BROWN

Currently: grazing bsl straight
    Would love to be MBL straight by the end of 2014
    MY ULTIMATE GOAL: HEALTHY (almost)BRA STRAP LENGTH CURLS
    Don't know how long that would be straight lol
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats on your hair anniversary!!

BTW your little one is absolutely adorable!
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

Thanks! She's a bit of a diva but we adore her:love10:.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file