Can I dye this dress?

kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
http://www.bravissimo.com/products/clothing/dresses-and-skirts/bravissimo/cc01-details.aspx?ck=uxOsJVcILjCYvLGL6FLUg1HpiQMFXdHA

Im debating whether to keep this dress or not. My mum got it for me to see if I like it and she LOVES it. The style is quite flattering and sits well on my I think but I can't get past the purple dots- I think it looks bit...fungi like! :S

Is it worth dying it- would that work? Or should I just send it back. Not worth ruining it- I've never tried altering a dress like that before.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What sort of fabric is it? Some fabrics accept color better than others.

I have a feeling that the polka dots won't ever be completely unnoticeable.

It does look nice on.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Its cotton silk with a cotton lining.

I don't mind dots (I love poka dots) but not..purple. I dunno. I don't mind if I dye it and the dots are still visible, but as long as they dyed a nicer colour- if you know what I mean. Hmm I dont even though what colour I would dye it. Im just throwing it out there. It does fit well, I think. Thats why hesitant to send it back.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Since the dots are so dark, I'd think your only options are to dye the dress black or navy. No other colors would cover well or the colors would mix into something muddy, I think.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Since the dots are so dark, I'd think your only options are to dye the dress black or navy. No other colors would cover well or the colors would mix into something muddy, I think.

Agreed.

Is the dress sold in other colors/patterns? You could always exchange it for one you like better.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
    No thats the only style they do.

I think probably better if just send it back. Its a nice shape/fit but if not happy with dots not worth the money really.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd send it back.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    Send it back, because you might ruin it and that would be a complete waste of money :)
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,751Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'd send it back. I doubt if it would look right if you dyed it. If you really, really, really want to keep it, then take it to a dry cleaners that dyes clothes and get their professional opinion and if they think it would look fine, have them do it.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    It says "Dry Clean Only" so I would not try to dye it.
    You are all very wise. It is wrapped up ready to go first thing Monday morning :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file