CurlTalk

I did it!! One year Natural!! Who0t!

PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Posts: 89Registered Users
Today is my one year mark of being natural!!
I'm so excited, I didn't even realize it until a little while ago lol. :)
:toothy10:
Just wanted to share that. There's been a lot of ups and downs with my hair experiences, but through it all, I made it one full year since last getting a relaxer!! :)
I've learned a lot of patience and developed a lot of love for my hair. I've also found a new source of confidence and I'm learning what my hair likes and what it doesn't. It's also fun to track progress and fun to use different kinds of products.

One year down, the rest of my life to go! :)

I think I'll treat myself to a nice avacado and coconut oil hair treatment today :D
Today's gonna be a great day. :blob8:

For all you naturals out there, what did you do when your one year natural anniversary came??
And for all of you who haven't hit the one year mark yet, how do you plan to celebrate it when it comes??

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )

Comments

• IndeedIndeed Posts: 72Registered Users
    Congratulations!

I didn't really do anything for my anniversary. I just realized one day that it's been a whole year since my BC, and I just thought "Oh...cool" and went on about my merry day. lol. It made me realize how fast time goes by [for your hair] when you're not really paying too much attention to it. Who knows...you may wake up one day and realize it's been 5 years, and your hair is down the middle of your back.

You know what they say...a watched pot never boils. :rabbit:
  • HomeGrownHairGirlHomeGrownHairGirl Posts: 296Registered Users
    I just wanted to say, "Congrats!"
    :wav:

It hasn't been 1-year since my BC yet; but I'll probably just splurge on hair products.
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    Congratulations!:love3:
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • gforceroygforceroy Posts: 36Registered Users
    Congrats :toothy8:

My natural hair anniversary is less than a month! As a celebration I might do a henna treatment on my hair...not much else though. I really cant wait till my 2 year anniversary aiming for armpit length (my hair is at least to the bottom of my neck.... i think)
    BC: 9/2009

green BELT :rambo:
  • bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    congrats
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

visit my fashion & culture website: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com" class="Popup
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    Congratulations. Hmm I have no idea what I'm going to do for my 1 year anniversary but I'll think of something hehe. :toothy10:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TorimomTorimom Posts: 258Registered Users
    Congratulations!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All Natural Since July 2009
    Avatar Pic: HESMU gel over Tresemme Naturals as leave-in 7/25/10. I hadn't had time to SOTC but it got nice and full later (no pic:sad10:)
    Last Relaxer: February 2008
    Type: 4a canopy, 3c mid, 3b nape, semi porous, ii
    Current Favorite: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Trying: Castor Oil
  • tabbysuetabbysue Posts: 122Registered Users
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!:occasion7:

I can't wait til my 1st aniversary. July 26th marked my "1-year post-relaxer day" and it feels great! I BC'd on March 12 and when my one year rolls around I think i'll treat myself to a professional curly salon visit.
    Shampoo: TJ Tea Tree Tingle (only to remove buildup)
    Co-wash/Detangler: Suave Naturals Conditioner
    Leave-in/Styler: Uncle Funky's Curly Magic
    2nd day refresher: Uncle Funky's Thirsty Curls
    Routine: Wash and Go
    Porosity: Normal-High
    Texture: Fine/Thin and Kinky
  • kinkyncurlykinkyncurly Posts: 110Registered Users
    congrats! :blob7:
    Transitioning! :hello1:
    s-event.png
    BC Date: January 8th, 2011!
    Hair: 4a fine but dense
    Working on: porosity issues, growing out heat damage, dryness
    Fotki link in profile
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    Congratulations! I did a blow out for my one year anniversary.
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    Congrats!
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FQVCDiva%2F" class="Popup
  • SassyCurls123SassyCurls123 Posts: 92Registered Users
    Congratulations!!!!:occasion7:
    :jocolor:I have been natural all my life :jocolor:

And i am just starting to know my 3c/4a hair better :wav:

Shampoo- Pantene Dry to moisturized
    Conditioner/ Leave in/ - Aussie Moist/Garnier Fructis leave in LOVE THEM!

Sealants: Indian Hemp
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Congrats!!! For my one year, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy Izzy a WHOLE LOTTA presents!! Oh and do a bday video, lol.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Posts: 89Registered Users
    That sounds great everyone and thanks!!
    Today ended up being a pretty good day.

@ellepixie, Ha ha a bday video? lol, that's funny. :P

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
    It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Congratulatons!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • TrinigirlTrinigirl Posts: 159Registered Users
    Congrats!!! Looks like you've retained and gained some length too!

My 1 year natural anniversary was July 1st. However for me the bigger milestone is my 'Last Relaxerversary' (ie August 20). This coming August will be 2 years since my last relaxer.:toothy8:

All the best.

Trinigirl

PS My hubby and I have been in our interracial marriage for 15 years now! (actually 15 years will be 8/26) :happy7:
    Trinigirl
    Last relaxer 8/20/08 :afro:
    Mostly 4a , fine hair type, low porosity
    Using all natural products
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftrinigirl4real.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • dearheart15dearheart15 Posts: 177Registered Users
    Congrats!!! I did a blow out last month and rocked a huge fro for my 1yr just to see all of the length.
    last perm ~ late May 2009
    BC'd ~ July 1, 2009
    fotki ~ last updated 2/2011
  • PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Posts: 89Registered Users
    Trinigirl wrote: »
    Congrats!!! Looks like you've retained and gained some length too!

My 1 year natural anniversary was July 1st. However for me the bigger milestone is my 'Last Relaxerversary' (ie August 20). This coming August will be 2 years since my last relaxer.:toothy8:

All the best.

Trinigirl

PS My hubby and I have been in our interracial marriage for 15 years now! (actually 15 years will be 8/26) :happy7:

Congrats on your hair and WOW, that's inspiring to hear of your interracial marriage!!! I like seeing same-race couples but when I hear of interracial couples, it reminds me of how far along we have progressed in racial unity. And how everyone isn't close minded when it comes to ethnicity and romantic love. Congrats and I hope you two do something extra special for your anniversary. :angel1:
    Congrats!!! I did a blow out last month and rocked a huge fro for my 1yr just to see all of the length.

Ha ha, that's awesome! :)
    A huge fro is actually a great idea, I actually wore one to Bible study last week and my hubby LOVED it :cat:

event.png

• lashon20lashon20 Posts: 1,150Registered Users
    Congrats!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmynaturalhairjourney.shutterfly.com%2F" class="Popup

Shampoos: Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Conditioners: Curl Junkie
    Stylers: As I Am Smoothing Gel, Jane Carter Incredible Curls, Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter, Hairveda Whipped Gelly
    Moisturizers: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, Camille Rose Fresh Curl
    Leave-Ins: KBB Sweet Ambrosia
    Pomades: Hairveda Almond Glaze
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    Congrads!!!! Are there pics involved???? lol
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2FNicky791%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup
    Twitter: /home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNicky791" class="Popup
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Congrats!

My one year anniversary is around 6 weeks from now. I haven't decided how I'll celebrate it yet.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fconfessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
  • Kinky RhonnieKinky Rhonnie Posts: 1,166Registered Users
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!:wav: