Too many meds!

melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
So I had some dental work done back to back. Minor really,a partial rootcanal and a crown lengthening. Well, I've been on stinking meds for the past month. I'm soooooo over it. I'm not a meds person normally and have probably popped more pills this past month then I have the past 10 years.

I just finished 2 weeks of penicillin and naproxin. The last few days of those pills crossed over into the next 2 weeks of vicodin (which I'm not taking right now), amoxicillian, and a steroid.

Anyhow I have 6 days left of the amoxicillian, and 2 days left of the steroid. The amoxicillian is this giant ass horse pill. These last few days are going to be a chore I'm tellin ya!

Just a vent really, I'm a lil pmsing and sick of trying to swallow annoying pills. I swear you'd think after this long I'd have a force field built up around me.

If you could measure the level of medicine in a person body with some machine that made you glow, I bet you could see me from the space station.

Oh and my mouth is still sore to the point I can't eat Doritos. That is my dang PMS snack and I want my dang Doritios.

Overrrrrrrrrrrr it!!!! Sorry but thanks for the vent!

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,751Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Wow! I'm in denistry and I don't understand all the meds. I've never heard of anyone taking all those for a rct and crown lengthening. Why the steriods? I think I would want a 2nd oppinion on this.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    Woh...Thats ALOT of Meds...Do you really need all them??
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
  • Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    I was in dentistry for 21 years. (I recently quit) my own advice is to finish your meds, because if something goes wrong, or an infection pops up, your dentist may blame you and possibly put you on another round of antiobiotics. I know it's a pain. I'm so sorry...
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was in dentistry for 21 years. (I recently quit) my own advice is to finish your meds, because if something goes wrong, or an infection pops up, your dentist may blame you and possibly put you on another round of antiobiotics. I know it's a pain. I'm so sorry...

Yes, I agree strongly with Hakim because I've always heard it's a really bad idea to stop meds until they are completely finished because if you do get another infection, it will be worse and you will need stronger and more meds.

Meanwhile, eat plain yogurt if you can tolerate it. It has "friendly" bacteria that counteract the side effects of meds. You can also buy these "friendly" bacteria in pills in any health food store. Ask for acidophilus. Not an old wives tale - the real thing. Also, don't be surprised if your private parts start to itch/burn. A yeast infection is common after lots of meds, but usually easily treated with over the counter stuff. I hope you avoid that.

Feel better!!!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Well this explains a lot! :toothy10:
    no wonder you keep forgetting to sign up!

:goofy:
    Yes, girl, take your meds out.
    Is that steroid prednisone?
    Hope you'll be back to eating your Doritos soon!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    hahahahah omg Wile good point....I was totally vicodined out!!!

The steroid is.....methyprednisolone.

I will finish the damn meds, just tired of it. Stinkin meds!!!!

For real about the amount of meds being prescribed. I didn't take the penicillian at the same time of the amoxicillian. Right now I'm just on the steroid and the amox. I only took a few vicodin the day of the procedures and didn't take anything else those days. I'm not taking the naproxin either because I don't need it.

I think they think I'm a pain wussy.

It's almost comical in a way. They gave me so much stuff that I don't even really need. Both pain pills....not needed. Both of the 'cillians.. only need 1. I don't even have an infection or bacteria....but I'll finish the amox just cause I have to (suck.)

I have no clue why I'm taking the steroid. Thank God I only have 1 pill left...for tmw. I'm not even sure what the point of taking the steroid with what I had done. I've always had to take a steroids for exzema outbreaks but never for dental. But....I am having some exzema issues so atleast that's helping it clear up lol.
    Well this explains a lot! :toothy10:
    no wonder you keep forgetting to sign up!

:goofy:
    Yes, girl, take your meds out.
    Is that steroid prednisone?
    Hope you'll be back to eating your Doritos soon!

Well I tried today but it made me bleed. As soon as I'm healed up I **** you not woman I'm downing a whole bag in a new world record speed. Going down in Guiness baby!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    The steroid is for inflammation...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ugh, I hate penicillin and vicodin. Either one gives me bad nausea, together OMG. I can't take them together anymore. I would take the antibiotics and suffer with OTC stuff if I had to. It was that bad. Vicodin is the worst offender for me, so I avoid it whenever possible anyways.
    cympreni wrote: »
    ugh, I hate penicillin and vicodin. Either one gives me bad nausea, together OMG. I can't take them together anymore. I would take the antibiotics and suffer with OTC stuff if I had to. It was that bad. Vicodin is the worst offender for me, so I avoid it whenever possible anyways.

Yea it's reallly bad to me too. It makes me queeeeezy and knocks me out cold. Normally I just take Aleve and it's all good :) I've only had to take 2 vicodins but on different days. Both when my mouth was about to become un-numb and I could start feeling it. UGH!

I just prefer enough vodka to knock me out ;) but the dentist said no lol!
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    melloweer wrote: »
    cympreni wrote: »

Yea it's reallly bad to me too. It makes me queeeeezy and knocks me out cold. Normally I just take Aleve and it's all good :) I've only had to take 2 vicodins but on different days. Both when my mouth was about to become un-numb and I could start feeling it. UGH!

I just prefer enough vodka to knock me out ;) but the dentist said no lol!

I used to not have a reaction to them. But when I did, it was so bad I thought I was going to die. I had to call a friend to babysit me. I was afraid I'd pass out and start throwing up or something.

The anti-inflammatories are good for this sort of thing. IME a lot of the pain comes from the swelling. You get that under control and you feel a lot better.

I hope you get to feeling better soon! maybe you could break off small pieces of dorittos and suck on them. At least you can have the flavor that way. It might help ease the craving a little.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file