Can you tell me....

dlitephuldlitephul Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello everyone!:wave:

I've been lurking for a while, but now that I have done the BC I feel I am ready to reach out. OK, here's my story:

I didn't intend on doing a BC to go natural. I just wanted to have short hair. Well...it has now been almost 4 weeks after my haircut and Wow.. the hair that is growing in is super curly!! It really is a pleasant surprise so I have decided to go with it and let it all grow out and not relax it again.

But here is my problem- the hair on the sides and back is curly. The hair on the top is pin straight at the ends. I have a huge forehead and can't bear the thought of cutting all of that off. So I have been curling the top with a curling iron and finger combing it blend with the back. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

And most important: Can someone please tell me what type of curl I have???

Thanks for reading!!

Comments

• SandraDgroovySandraDgroovy Posts: 139Registered Users
    Congrats on going natural! Sounds like what you're doing is working! Have you tried a curling rod or flexirod so you won't have to use heat all the time?
    Sandra, RN & fitness competitor.

Transitioning since 4/2008, with no plans to BC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra-Fields-Fitness-Competitor/115579921807944

event.png
  • dlitephuldlitephul Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hi Sandra!

You know, I didn't even think of that. It would definitely give me a tighter curl on top which would probably look better for the blend.

I think I'll pick a pack up and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks!

Congrats on going natural! Sounds like what you're doing is working! Have you tried a curling rod or flexirod so you won't have to use heat all the time?
  • MshairdownMshairdown Posts: 5Registered Users
    Braids. Twists. Cornrows. I have the same issue and I gradually cut the perm out but it was not easy. I had major breakage after a while and went with braids... photos on my blog check it out
    mrshairdown.blogspot.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file