Anyone plan on watching Project Runway every week? Wanna discuss?

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl VirtuosoPosts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
Your fave designer so far? Did the right designer get auff'd?

Comments

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I'm definitely interested. I'm just sitting down to watch now but not sure if I'll get through the entire 90 minutes today. I will come back and post when I do.
  • fraufrau Curl Neophyte Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i only watched the end: you made pants out of pants.
    i will watch regularly. shall this be our go to thread?
  • breathebreathe Posts: 399Registered Users
    I totally missed it last night, I had no idea the season was even starting. I wish they'd never moved the show to Lifetime...
    big chop: 03/09/2010.
    modified cg.
    medium/coarse | dense | normal porosity | 4b/3c with random sprinkles of 4a.

• fraufrau Curl Neophyte Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lol!! did they move it?? i hadn't even noticed.
  • boticellicurlsboticellicurls Posts: 17Registered Users
    Yes please! I was hoping someone here would want to discuss. :)

Maybe we could make a new thread for each ep so that people can avoid spoilers? :)
  • CGNYCCGNYC Curl Connoisseur Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My favorite line from the whole show was "embrace your crooked zipper."

And I disagree with the person they kicked off. Should've been the jerk with the hat and his hair salon smock and Casanova. That was an awful lot of ugly for so very little fabric.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Some thoughts, as I watch:

I'm going to have a blast listening the Casanova massacre the English language.

I like the woman from Philly.

Jason Troisi from Greenwich, CT was weird. Who, upon first meeting asks "so what nationality are you?" It wasn't like Gretchen had an intriguing look. Awkward.

The 50 year-old, who designs for the ladies who lunch is interesting. She's as tall as the first contestant she met and has the same hair color? Almost wore the same outfit as Mondo? Was she trying to be funny?

Okay, I wrote the above before I watched the entire episode.

Peach wears toile pants? Oy.

Ivy just might drive me crazy but I want to see what she's all about.

I think Jason should have gone home with his stupid hat and lack of sewing skills.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Don't forget: tonite.:blob8:

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    ooh, I'm excited! and I think I'm really going to like Peach. I have a feeling the judges are eventually going to say that she's 'out of touch' or 'dowdy'. Is it just me who thinks there's favortism in judging (from past seasons)?
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    I think Andy South is the person to look out for personally.
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • spring1onuspring1onu Curl Connoisseur Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think I'm watching the season opener right now. I like this show, but always forget it's on so maybe this thread will help remind me to watch!

It's only been on 15 minutes and the guy with the 'hump' on his head (intimidating hat? WTF), he needs to go away, STAT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes! I'm in.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • spring1onuspring1onu Curl Connoisseur Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've wrangled my husband into watching it and when Tim said "Thank you Mood, we'll see you next time" my husband said in a snippy voice "Not some of you..." :lol:

And when Casanova said "from a prostitute to a virgin..." :lol: HA!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I'm rooting for the woman from cleveland (red dress)

I'm a little sad that 2 designers went home. The safetly pin guy yes, but I thought the other guy deserved a chance.

was that ivy on the floor passed out?
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Oh yay, there's a PR thread!
    I was glad to see bowler-jerk go tonight, but I thought that the second one was just cruel. He looked completely heartbroken. It made me so sad, especially with how well made those pieces were.
    I cannot stand Ivy, lord give me some duct tape. And Casanova needs to become independent. Gretchen is just meh. I hated her body suit. Valerie should have won, that dress was adorable.

And the first show, ugh. It made me so furious that they would get rid of her. That dress was so cute. I have a feeling they are going to piss me off this year.

Also, as a sidenote. Who else loves Austin and Santino on the Road? Can Austin Scarlett be my gay best friend? Please? I've loved him since season 1 of PR.
    Don't forget, tonight at 9EST.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Curl Virtuoso Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks, I keep missing it. I love this show. I will definitely be watching tonight. Hopefully, they'll have reruns this weekend.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    I. Hate. Gretchen. I'm so glad she didn't win. I couldn't take listening to her brag constantly for pieces I don't particularly like.
    Valerie, again, amazed me. That napkin dress. So adorable.
    But Andy deserved that win.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    If Gretchen would have won again, I think I would have just given up on the show (almost). This season is upsetting me. The 90 minute format. Booting designers with decent designs. Picking the same person for the win. Booting 2 designers at once (and for that matter just having more ppl than usual). Keeping that one guy for drama. I like PR because it's about fashion, but it gretchen had won, I would have really felt like they were trying to hard to be a "reality show" and stirring up drama.

Cleveland, we are again being robbed. That napkin dress was amazing.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Curl Virtuoso Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I can't believe I missed it AGAIN! A friend called. Damn! Please, please be reruns this weekend.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • CGNYCCGNYC Curl Connoisseur Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think Michael D's dress was a mess. It was certainly worse than AJ's. AJ's was nuts but that's kind of his thing, Michael's was just awful. It was like he wrapped poster paper over a streamer and called it done. I can't believe that got a pass.

Does it make sense to keep Casanova, who has proven that he's a mess over someone who knew that she made a bad dress? He still thinks his is beautiful, she knew she just got lost in the weeds and couldn't make a come back.

I enjoy watching a LOT, but stuff like that takes away any illusion that this is really about the best designer.

The judges are pretty rude. I don't mind when they are critical and have challenging questions - that's valid. I like when they describe exactly why something doesn't work (proportions are off, too fussy, some specific thing makes it look like student work, etc) because hey, that's something to think about. I dislike when they just hurl around insults to be cute. It's unnecessary and cheapens the whole thing.

Gretchen annoys me, but people like Gretchen annoy me. Everything about her from the way she talks to her stupid toddler bangs just irks me.

Again, I wish every challenge was two full days. It would be more interesting to see what happens when they aren't stuck with their first idea.

Ivy's dress was pretty, but it looked like the model needed to haul the top up!

Valerie's dress was so cool and I think my husband has a crush on her.

Mondo needs longer shorts.

Christopher's dress was really cool and they didn't even talk about it.
    Go Go Go Andy South!

I always like his stuff. I'm still wondering what is going on with Casanova--why is he still here?
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
    scrills wrote: »
    If Gretchen would have won again, I think I would have just given up on the show (almost). This season is upsetting me. The 90 minute format. Booting designers with decent designs. Picking the same person for the win. Booting 2 designers at once (and for that matter just having more ppl than usual). Keeping that one guy for drama. I like PR because it's about fashion, but it gretchen had won, I would have really felt like they were trying to hard to be a "reality show" and stirring up drama.

Cleveland, we are again being robbed. That napkin dress was amazing.
    I really hate the open eliminations. It should be one person each episode.
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • susususu Curl Connoisseur Posts: 767Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I enjoyed this episode... then again, I always love the unconventional materials challenges. Plus, Tim Gunn talking about "wooly balls"? Classic.

Having said that, my picks for top and bottom 3 would have been a bit different.

Top 3

1. Christopher - I LOVED the gold dress with little specks of color. In fact, it's the first thing I've seen on Project Runway in a while that I actually want it in my closet. Beautiful movement, but I'm guessing the materials he chose (napkins) weren't unconventional enough for a Top 3 showing?

2. Andy - Loved the braiding detail. It really did look a couture gown, and I liked that the materials he used weren't obvious (kind of looked like leather). I would have awarded the win to either him or Christopher, but I'm glad Andy won because I think he belonged in the Top 3 for the first two challenges.

3. Mike C - That red dress was gorgeous. Again, I'm guessing the materials weren't unconventional enough for the judges?

Honorable mentions: Valerie's black and white dress, Mondo's pink outfit. Ivy's was pretty, but it made her model look heavy (plus it wasn't all that original). Grethen's was pretty middling for me, although I did like the jacket.

Bottom 3

1. Sarah - The clear loser for me. It looked like a craft project and the design wasn't organic at all. I think it would have looked much better if she had layered a bunch of those palm fronds all over the skirt, instead of randomly gluing a couple of them on.

2. Mike (?) - The second worst design IMO was the one with the really stiff blue plastic skirt. I'm amazed it avoided the Bottom 3.

3. Cassanova - I liked the idea of having different designs on the front and back of the dress, but there was way too much whickety wack there.

Honorable mention: Kristin's green Carnival dress - kind of a mess. Also, I thought Peach's dress was sort of cute, but a little too simple (especially the bustier) and craft projecty. AJ's wasn't good, but I'm not sure it belonged in the Bottom 3.

Based on the first couple of episodes, my favorites are Mondo, Andy and Valerie.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Some episode of this show is on.

I found it odd that Heidi Klum was knocking someone's English. <shrug> Is speaking English really well a requirement for this show?

Oh well, ready for it to come back from commercial. Summer is for trashy tv shows, yay!

I didn't think McKell's dress was horrible. It was very Betsey Johnson-ish style.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • fuzziestbunnysfuzziestbunnys Posts: 208Registered Users
    i not like a cat wit seven life!

while i don't like casanova's designs, he is hilarious.
    the things he says... well his accent really... cracks me up! "ay yay!"

i hate gretchen. i'm sorry she is just so cocky, especially after her second win. she thinks she knows everything!
    i like andy, his dress last week was amazing.
    valerie is probably my favorite, but i like mondo, too. hahahah

i know i didn't talk a lot about tonights, but i feel bad that tim keeps telling people who end up in the bottom that their design is great! he and the judges need to get on the same page!
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso

:?

I don't see why that's so funny. Yes, it should have been 9 instead of 7 but what difference does it make if he has an accent?

I thought it was cool that he said, "every girl in Puerto Rico has that dress"...and the dress won! I think that gives a lot more fashion cred to PR women and makes me believe there is a lot of cross cultural influence shaping today's fashion.

I'm so sorry to see Kristin go. Admittedly, tonight's dress was abysmal but I generally liked her aesthetic (and her hair) and wanted to see here she would take it.

• curlyarcacurlyarca Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

:?

I don't see why that's so funny. Yes, it should have been 9 instead of 7 but what difference does it make if he has an accent?

I thought it was cool that he said, "every girl in Puerto Rico has that dress"...and the dress won! I think that gives a lot more fashion cred to PR women and makes me believe there is a lot of cross cultural influence shaping today's fashion.

I'm so sorry to see Kristin go. Admittedly, tonight's dress was abysmal but I generally liked her aesthetic (and her hair) and wanted to see here she would take it.

Agreed.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Curl Connoisseur Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I got caught up on the shows on the website - just an fyi for those who missed some. Lifetime has the full episodes (thank goodness-last year I do not think they did for quite some time after the episode aired).

I was sad to see Kristin go. I was really upset at the 1st episode where they booted McKell-her outfit was so much better than some of the others. I was not sad to see Jason go-he really was not doing anything for me design wise. And I was mad on the show where they let 2 go-Heidi said at the runway-1 will be a winner and 1 will go home. Liar!!! I am amazed that Peach is still there. Kristin and Tim Gunn laughing about the balls cracked me up. I love Tim Gunn-he seems sincerely nice. I think it's ok that he has a different opinion than the judges. Was it Nicholas that got sent home and he was so upset-that was sad. :-(

Oh, and Gretchen is very annoying-man, is she full of herself. And then Ivy saying it could not be right that her and Gretchen were not in the top 3.

I have noticed the snarkiness by the judges and it is annoying me too. Like someone else posted-you can be critical but you do not have to be mean. The guest judge on the 1st show was a freaking snob-talking about mall stores, etc. I dunno-I did not like her (I looked it up-Selma Blair).
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CheetaraCheetara Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Did Mondo's model have a mustache?
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file