Why do curls drop?

millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Posts: 404Registered Users
My curls have just started dropping and though I know its a good thing, I don't exactly know why? Is it a sign of growth or that the hair is well moisturized and healthy?

Thanks for the answers
3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.

Comments

• nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    You meant the hair is now hanging lengthwise instead of sticking out/sticking up?

I thought that meant that your hair was getting longer and therefore heavier.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gravity and length.

Curls "dropping" (:confused4: btw, I never heard this term before IRL) doesn't necessarily equal "healthy".. you could have dry brittle hair that "drops" just due to length (and gravity).

I know that some curls don't "drop", they grow out and up more than out and down.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • millie_(A)TCKmillie_(A)TCK Posts: 404Registered Users
    Thanks ladies, nice to know my hair is indeed retaining length. :blob4:

@bekkapoo: actually I learned of the word from people IRL who've used it. Maybe it's a Canadian thing....
    3c/4a. Very Fine and Thin.
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root butter creme, Curl Junkie, Abba Pure Gentle leave-in
    Styling Products: Curls Souffle, Curl Junkie Coffee Creme
    Curl Cremes: Jessicurl Confident Coils
    Conditioners: Deva Curl One, Mixed Chics DC, Nature's Gate Biotin
    DT:AO Honeysuckle Rose, Coconut oil.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks ladies, nice to know my hair is indeed retaining length. :blob4:

@bekkapoo: actually I learned of the word from people IRL who've used it. Maybe it's a Canadian thing....

That could be it..thanks for the explanation. :iconbiggrin: I read so many folks saying that here on the forums, but I've never heard it IRL myself. I was wondering if that was forum-speak or a regional thing.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
    Yup, if your keeping up with a healthy routine, maybe your growth + gravity is at work

I didnt' like when my hair started to do that, and now its really grown over these last months, I donn't wear wash-n-gos cause it looks funny.

I'm sticking to my plan to grow it out for sure, but my springs are looking more and more like waves.
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file