Hi everyone...

PrettyInACasketPrettyInACasket Posts: 3Registered Users
Hi everyone, I'm Nicole from NYC. I'm a 20 year old full time college student.

I've visited this website numerous times but I never thought to join until just now, because as silly as it sounds I need support. I don't like to use such a strong word, but I can honestly say I HATE my curly hair with a burning passion. No matter what I do to it, I always hate it. I'm only comfortable with it if I have it in a braid or if I straighten it (which is rare). I would post a picture but I honestly can say I do not have any photos of me with curly hair that I don't find hideous. I also look a lot younger when my hair is curly.

I'm Italian. My hair is naturally dark brown and supposedly 3b, but it's a combination of 3a and 3b. It's pretty dry and very thick. I have dyed it in the past. Last year in October I bleached the ends but they've mostly grown out. I do not have layers except a little bit in the front just for some shape and I have long side bangs, which have been bleached and dyed many times but again, the dye and bleach has mostly grown out. The last time I dyed my hair was when I got a not too noticeable glaze in about April (also the last time I had a trim, probably bad I know). It's about 2 and a half inches past my shoulders when it's curly. I am trying to grow my hair out to be rib cage or waist length, and it's taking forever.

I'm hoping that by joining this site I can get some advice and support so I can finally feel beautiful and confident with my curls.

Thank you all, I'm looking forward to my experience on this site!

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    We're so glad you've joined us. You'll find lots of curl love and support here!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file