Need help with hair

TomsToms Posts: 5Registered Users
I'm a nineteen year old guy and kind of new to this. My routine is fairly simple. I just use tresemme naturals conditioner and eco styler gel. i would like to know why my hair looked and felt so much better eight years ago even though i put no effort into it at all.

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Toms wrote: »
    I'm a nineteen year old guy and kind of new to this. My routine is fairly simple. I just use tresemme naturals conditioner and eco styler gel. i would like to know why my hair looked and felt so much better eight years ago even though i put no effort into it at all.

Nice hair! :)

What are you doing different now than you were doing 8 years ago? Gel makes my hair crunchy so I don't use it.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • TomsToms Posts: 5Registered Users
    Eight years ago i did absolutely nothing to my hair and it was great. I'm not really sure what makes it so dry now.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I personally don't like Eco Styler b/c it dries out my hair since it has protein. Maybe you could try a natural gel?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • aubinaubin Posts: 286Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Tresemme has a dash of protein in it too. That along with the Ecostyler might be too much protein for your hair. Maybe rotate either the Tresemme or the Ecostyler with a more moisturizing conditioner or gel.
    3c/4a OS curls
    Poo: Mehandi Zizyphus Spina Christi and Juniper Shampoo Bar
    Co-wash/Detangler/Leave-in: V05, Giovanni SAS, Tresemme Naturals, Suave Naturals, GVP Conditioning Balm, Aussie Moist
    DC: henna, AOHR, AOWC, Yes to Carrots, DevaOne
    Sealing: cocoa butter
    :clock:Natural since 1990, BC #3 September 2008:clock:
  • lovelovelovelovelovelove Posts: 257Registered Users
    Your hair is nice! I like it!
    Hair just changes over the years. My hair used to be curly, then got wavy, now it's back to curly again. It just happens.

To make it less dry, you should try a heavier conditioner, and I agree with aubin and ellepixie. Try to cut back on the protein (in hair products lol) and see if you see any difference. It's all about finding what's good and what works for your hair. Experiment!
    Ca m'a fait de la pé-peine!:love7:
  • TomsToms Posts: 5Registered Users
    Ok what are some good producs for me to try?
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since your hair is fairly short you can probably just use a moisturizer....I'm thinking of stuff you can buy on the ground.

Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Sweet Almond Oil (to seal)
    Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Condish
    Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Posts: 422Registered Users
    or try Kinky Curly styling spritz
  • ~Curly~~Curly~ Banned Posts: 772Banned Users
    Boys always have the nicest hair :angry7:

It's probably the Ecostyler, try mixing it with some type of oil or hair butter and you aren't leaving the conditioner in are you? Some conditioners with coat the hair and leave a dull build up and make your hair feel and look dry..

Also it might just be that you have different hair now.. as we get older our hair changes...
    "Relaxer free Since 2003"
    3C in constant search for something that works!

3C/4B(hairs that act 4b even if they technically aren't) no clue what i'm doing..:geek::hello2::afro:
    I will respond as I see fit. It should be about freedom to express our opinions, You're free to say what you like as should others. Get a Thicker Skin if no one can disagree with you without you feeling bullied and running to Admin Hellllllpppppp Meeee Adminnnnn Pleaseeee!!!! Smh

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file