Your Hair Is Your Mood Ring.

whirlyhairwhirlyhair Posts: 194Registered Users
Hello everyone. :) I've been going CG for a while now, I believe a month now. I'm not very consistent with it, though, because of lack of money. But I have basically cut out shampoo for good and wash my hair with conditioner strictly now.

Anyway... 2 months ago, I met someone. His name was Chris. I really liked him and he really liked me, and for the first time in almost a year and a half, I felt so happy. I was so happy, in fact, that my hair responded to my happiness and looked and felt it's best for the first time in years. I mean seriously, it was soft, full of volume, shiny, and full of beautiful curls everywhere. He loved it and said it was both cute and sexy...

We went out for 2 months... and then a few days ago he dumped me. His reasons? He was unemployed when I met him, though I wasn't bothered by it since I am also in a tough financial situation with my family as well. But then his car broke down, and on top of all of this, he suffers from low self-esteem/confidence and was pretty insecure. So instead of staying with me, he cast me out of his life, hurting me in the process. I know 2 months isn't long... But when it's someone who you really like, it hurts a little. :sad1:

I have been nothing but a wonderful girlfriend to him. But it meant nothing to him in the end. Now it's been 4 days since we talked (we had a very amicable and mature break up), and I'm not feeling too hot about myself. And because of this, instead of the famous tsunami of gorgeous curls that used to spring out of my head when I fell for Chris and was with him, now it just lays there, dead and lifeless. It turned wavy, you guys! :( That's how bad it is... Reading the Curly Girl book, I read somewhere that the hair of the curly girl is very unique because it often changes it's mind everyday, especially when the person is feeling happy or sad.

Our hair is our mood rings. I know mine is... Has anyone ever experienced this?
CG since 3/11/2012

Engaged. :love5: Wedding date: 02/26/2016

Type 2C (Botticelli according to Curly Girl: The Handbook)
iii Density
Medium-Coarse Texture
Normal Porosity
Normal Elasticity
HATES: Traditional sulfates/cones.
LOVES: Lots of moisture and homemade FSG! :love10:
(Many thanks to http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/ for helping me figure out my texture, porosity, and elasticity properties! Check them out sometime!)

Comments

• GirlWithUkuleleGirlWithUkulele Posts: 150Registered Users
    That makes sense. I had nice 3b-ish curls during the school year, but now I'm somewhere between 3a and 2c (yet, still 3b at my nape), and I couldn't figure out why. Summer has always been stressful for me, I guess. I always like it better when I'm at school.
    Victoria, Keeper of the Celestial Charts and Protector of the Aquamarine Diadem in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

3a/b; low porosity; dense; medium thickness. Growing out a weird haircut.
    Cleanse: As I Am Curl Cowash; Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo
    Condition:Tresemme Naturals
    LI:KCKT; CHS LI
    Stylers: AG Re:Coil; CJCCCCL; KCCC; AG Mousse Gel; HESMU;
    Denman Brush.

Treatments:SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion; Aphogee PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file