Hair style help!!!

AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
Hey ladies,
I'm looking for a low maintenance hair style that I care wear this school year. I was thinking about something along the lines of braids/kinky twist. I'm curious about tree braids...has anybody had any? If you have, are they very damaging to your hair? Please let me know and give me advice on a low maintenance hair style. Thanks ladies!!!!!

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
Products I love:
Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil

Comments

• DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Posts: 422Registered Users
    My two cents:

I just had kinky twist put in my hair in May and while I liked not having to fuss over my hair for 6 weeks (i took them out kinda early because I was bored) I find that the longer my hair his the more difficult the braiding and take down process is.

In comparison this past winter I had some pixies put in my hair and was able to wear them for 3-4 weeks with the same benefits as micros however it was cheaper and the install/take down were much faster. Also I did not have as much build-up I guess because I was really able to cleanse my roots.

So my suggestion would be to try micro twists or pixie braids.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    My two cents:

I just had kinky twist put in my hair in May and while I liked not having to fuss over my hair for 6 weeks (i took them out kinda early because I was bored) I find that the longer my hair his the more difficult the braiding and take down process is.

In comparison this past winter I had some pixies put in my hair and was able to wear them for 3-4 weeks with the same benefits as micros however it was cheaper and the install/take down were much faster. Also I did not have as much build-up I guess because I was really able to cleanse my roots.

So my suggestion would be to try micro twists or pixie braids.

Thank you, but what are pixie braids? I never heard of them before.

event.png

Products I love:
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Posts: 422Registered Users
    Pixie braids are just small box braids. Think micro braids without any weave added in.

Below is a picture of some I did myself in February. I kept these for 2-3 weeks. They are not as small as the ones I had previous but I was getting tired and my arms hurt so the sections started getting larger.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    Pixie braids are just small box braids. Think micro braids without any weave added in.

Below is a picture of some I did myself in February. I kept these for 2-3 weeks. They are not as small as the ones I had previous but I was getting tired and my arms hurt so the sections started getting larger.

Thanks girlie!

event.png

Products I love:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file