Leaving Wen products

MairseleMayfairMairseleMayfair Posts: 1Registered Users
Sorry, Chaz Dean, I did like your products, but with super-thick, 3a hair, I had to use so much product, I can't afford more!

Can anyone recommend products that will work for me---I do color my hair as well--and my biggest problem is TANGLES!

Thanks all in advance!!! :queen:

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You need to know more about your hair for us to help you. Curl type is really unimportant, it's texture and porosity that will help you the most. Here's a thread to help: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=67218 It will take you to Struttswife's website. While there is some great reading on this website, her ebook on taking care of curly hair is great--all of the information in one place. Once you know your hair property, look for others with hair like yours and "stalk" them on the boards. See what they use (most of us have it in our signatures) and what they do.

You'll need to decide if you want to do a Curly Girl (no silicone/no sulfate) routine, modified CG or use cones and sulfate.

My hair prefers the more natural products and natural soap bars to cleanse. By being on this website, I went from winter wavy/summer curly to hair like my signature picture all of the time.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fusilli66Fusilli66 Posts: 296Registered Users
    Sally's sells a knock off of the Wen. It's called Hair One. Not sure the price but it must be cheaper.

I haven't tried it (nor have I tried the Wen) but I did notice it in the store.
    3A - Medium Texture - Normal Porosity - Modified CG since 3/2010
    Devacurl NoPoo - Devacurl OneC - Devacurl B'Leave In
    KCCC - LALCG - Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz
  • mimikomimiko Posts: 120Registered Users
    Are the sally knock-offs CG too?
    3a/3b Protein sensitive
    Lo-Poo: MOP-C Hydration
    Co-wash TJ's tea tree, suave
    Conditioners: Yes to Cucumbers, TIGI Moisture Maniac
    DT:Ion reconstructor
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Any of my other conditioners.
    Stylers: FSG!, Curl Keeper, HETT mousse, CJ CIAB, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, L'oreal Studio Silky Curls Gel, Deva Set it Free
    I diffuse and use CHS roller jaw clips
    I'm full Chinese and I never knew how to control my unruly hair until now! I <3 this website oh so very much.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    mimiko wrote: »
    Are the sally knock-offs CG too?

They aren't really CG--they contain amethicone, as does the original. Here are the ingredients for the original, I didn't find the Hair One ingredients on the Sally's website.

Ingredients:Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alochol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyze Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file