Figuring out what I need

fragtastyfragtasty Posts: 1Registered Users
Hiya all. Just asking for "a bit" of advice here.

I'm about ready to start Modish CG but I'm having a heck of a time trying to pick products to start off with based on the needs of my hair.

Based of off zee hair qualities, I'm thinking I need lots of moisture and a nice helping of protein (or maybe just a protein treatment).Plus, products with and w/o humectants depending on the season. I live in Kansas so we get a little bit of everything.

Right now, the things I intend to purchase to get started are Bellacurl Hydrating Cleansing Creme, Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner, TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Conditioner, Bellacurl Shine and Seal and Spiral Solutions Caitlin's Conditioner.

These are in preparation for fall/winter, so yeah.
Maybe I'm going overboard on this and should start off simpler but idk and I'd like to get opinions :x

Hair details below
2b-c/M/ii (almost iii)
High porosity, low elasticity, high density

Starting a Mod CG fairly soon :blob7:

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Well, Alexjoujou is a big fan of the Bella Curl products as well as Spiral Solutions. Lots of us wavies love Spiral Solutions...it's hard to go wrong with her stuff. I don't think you'd need the Suave if you are going for the Hydrating Cream Cleanser.

You should check out Alex's blog (if you haven't already):

thewavytales.blogspot.com

She has a family of curlies and wavies, so she talks about all of them with her reviews. Check out her conditioner scales (pretty recent) but she has a ton of good stuff there you should also read.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kathymack sells samples of products, if you are interested in trying more stuff. Check the fotki in her siggi.
    If you decide you don't like the things you bought, you can go to the swap boards and swap or sell.
    Sounds like you are off to a good start.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file