Does anyone else do this....

BambiFirebrookBambiFirebrook Registered Users Posts: 33
I am 9 1/2 months into my transition and everyother day i contemplate BC'ing, but I'm not quite ready and I'm ok with that... sort of

Every once in a while (its getting to be like once a week) I randomly pick out clumps and just cut off the relaxed ends... mostly just to see if my hair is gonna shrink up or anything... Is that crazy...?! lol

Has anyone else found yourself doing this or something similar?
[url]http://imjustalexx.blogspot.com/[/url]

Here to learn and grow....

Comments

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Registered Users Posts: 755
    I am 9 1/2 months into my transition and everyother day i contemplate BC'ing, but I'm not quite ready and I'm ok with that... sort of

Every once in a while (its getting to be like once a week) I randomly pick out clumps and just cut off the relaxed ends... mostly just to see if my hair is gonna shrink up or anything... Is that crazy...?! lol

Has anyone else found yourself doing this or something similar?

Lol!!! I also been transitioning for almost 10 months as well and I know exactly what you are going through. Me personally, I did a pre-chop earlier this month because I was getting tired of my relaxed ends. I have a few more inches to cut off and then my hair will be all natural. I'm going to wait a couple more months so I can get a little more length. I cut like 3-4 inches off, so I'm going to wait for that to grow back, before I get scissor happy again lol. But it's definitely not crazy that you are randomly clipping ends, I did that for a while too. But good luck and be patient with your hair.

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • MshairdownMshairdown Registered Users Posts: 5
    After a while it is quite liberating to get the relaxer out. After a few months I just hated seeing it in my hair. I'd cut and cut every so often. I felt great about it because of the breakage. I don't know if you had that problem but after just a few months the permed ends would be breaking off on its own, girl I thought I was going bald and I just cut it off...

http://mrshairdown.blogspot.com/
  • SakeenaKaiSakeenaKai Registered Users Posts: 13
    I didn't want to chop my hair because I liked my length. I've been transitioning a little over a year. My hair is a little below shoulder length when pulled straight. So what I do is when I wash and twist my hair, sometimes I just cut a little off the ends. I'm going to keep doing that until the relaxed hair is gone. This way I know it's getting cut off but I'm not taking it in big chunks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file