3b'ers using silicone and sulphates

KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
Just wondered if there are other 3b'ers that use silicones and sulfates. What are your favorite products that work best for our 3b hair.
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.

Comments

• happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    I try to limit my silicones and sulfates but I do love Aussie Moist conditioner and I can't live without an anti-frizz serum such as the one from Bed Head or the Frizz Ease one.
    Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    I try to limit my silicones and sulfates but I do love Aussie Moist conditioner and I can't live without an anti-frizz serum such as the one from Bed Head or the Frizz Ease one.

I'm trying very hard to limit the silicones and sulfates (especially sulfates). Got the Eleucence Moisture Shampoo (low-poo) but I don't know if my hair likes it or not. Has anyone else had problems with the Eleucence Shampoo and conditioner? Seems to take the body out of my hair no matter what I put in.
  • jenny curljenny curl Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Before I went CG I used Nexxus Shampoo and Conditioner, Silk Serum, and Tresemme Firm Hold Mousse. I loved this combination. Those days are bye-bye............................
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
    Karen: I've only used a sulfate poo 2x since going modified CG a couple years ago. And, I just recently started adding some cones to my routine. They are in a couple of my Sally Ion conditioners and the sample of Federki Fekai glossing cream (love this stuff). They don't seem to have an adverse affect on my hair so I'll continue to use them in my rotation of products.

I am really liking my Elucence poos and condish also. They don't seem to weigh my hair down at all. I will definitely repurchase them.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Posts: 355Registered Users
    SheBros wrote: »
    Karen: I've only used a sulfate poo 2x since going modified CG a couple years ago. And, I just recently started adding some cones to my routine. They are in a couple of my Sally Ion conditioners and the sample of Federki Fekai glossing cream (love this stuff). They don't seem to have an adverse affect on my hair so I'll continue to use them in my rotation of products.

I am really liking my Elucence poos and condish also. They don't seem to weigh my hair down at all. I will definitely repurchase them.

Is the Federki Fekai glossing cream a finishing cream to use on dry hair?
  • SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
    KarenRB53 wrote: »
    SheBros wrote: »

Is the Federki Fekai glossing cream a finishing cream to use on dry hair?

Yes. I used just a tiny amount (pearl-size) to SOTC. I think you can also use it on wet hair, but I wouldn't do that. It's mainly for use on dry hair. I will probably purchase this in the full size when there's a sale. It will last for several months since you need so little.:lol:
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file