I Colored for the First Time this Weekend

ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
I used L'Oreal Preference in Medium Golden Brown and am happy with the results. My hair is in very good condition and looks a bit lighter, almost like milk chocolate with a golden cast (slight). However, a few grays in the front did not get covered.

I also got some color on a bathroom cabinet, but luckily it was one of the guest bathrooms and we are going to remodel that eventually anyway. I just wasn't paying attention, but it would never have occurred to me that the cabinet would get a brown cast to it.

Comments

• sHimmYsHimmY Registered Users Posts: 31
    any pics??
    3C/4A, 1.5 years no relax. coloured blond with full head of highlights

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/xiomara1980/Photo-0132.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/xiomara1980/myspace1.jpg
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    When I color my hair I cover any exposed surfaces with old newspapers and keep a moist rag on hand for quick wipe-ups. I also got a spray cleaner at the Dollar Tree called "Awesome" that will remove fresh stains off most surfaces and fabrics. It's pretty "fumy" so if you get it make sure there's adequate ventilation in the bathroom.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    When I color my hair I cover any exposed surfaces with old newspapers and keep a moist rag on hand for quick wipe-ups. I also got a spray cleaner at the Dollar Tree called "Awesome" that will remove fresh stains off most surfaces and fabrics. It's pretty "fumy" so if you get it make sure there's adequate ventilation in the bathroom.

Thanks.

No pics. I dobut you would be able to see a difference in a pic anyway. My husband says he can't even tell, but I can. (I didn't have that much gray just a hair scattered like every 5 inches that was gray).
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    sd...I use the L'Oreal Excellence in MGB. I love it. I got the new Superior Preference & am using it this w/e. I suspect it will be better than the other due to helping w/ fading. And then next Friday I'll be getting my blow out in time for the X-mas party. We shall see!
    Ok, hubby didn't want to use the Preference so I went back to the Excellence Cream. It's also thicker. And apparently my prob is not fading...lol
    My sister uses the Excellence in DGB because it doesn't drip due to the thickness, but I liked the color on the box of the Preference. Probably a stupid reason to pick it, but I'm happy with it.

Why would your hubby care which one you used?
    sd...basically due to it being so thick & it has that handy little comb :)
    Oh, & I have lots of hair, as I'm sure you've seen! lol
    How are you liking the Preference?
  • FuzzyMonsterFuzzyMonster Registered Users Posts: 259
    I take it coloring doesn't change your curls? Does it help with frizz and static? I don't want to color, but my stylist keeps telling me it helps with volume, frizz, etc. I'm thinking of doing it if it will help reduce frizz and static and give my hair more life. I was afraid it would have a relaxing effect. Also, I would do it in my own hair color so I wouldn't have roots. Has coloring helped you with these things?

Thanks.
    Mostly 2A; Fine and wavy :batman:
    I don't think it changed my curls.

As far as liking the Preference, I'm thinking my hair seems a little drier than normal. I didn't relate it to the hair color at first. It's not bad, but it does seem not quite as nice as normal. I'm getting a cut after work today so hopefully it will look better. I think I might try the Excellence next time though, my sister's hair always looks shiny.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    I take it coloring doesn't change your curls? Does it help with frizz and static? I don't want to color, but my stylist keeps telling me it helps with volume, frizz, etc. I'm thinking of doing it if it will help reduce frizz and static and give my hair more life. I was afraid it would have a relaxing effect. Also, I would do it in my own hair color so I wouldn't have roots. Has coloring helped you with these things?

Thanks.

Since you don't really want a color change have her put a clear gloss on your hair instead. It will give it shine and make it more manageable with absolutely NO roots to worry about.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file