I may have figured out a way to use KCCC again! Pic heavy...

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
So I decided to pamper myself today and I so missed using my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and smelling all the delicious marshmallowy goodness, so I decided to break it out today, since it's an off day.

I started off water washing....I washed yesterday. Then I did a PT with a mix of CJCF and CJH&BDT for....get this.....2 hours. Then a DT with a mix of CJSC, CJCR, and JCWDT for another 2 hours. LOL....then rinsed. Scrunched in SSCEJ and topped with a little [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] like I would a harder holding gel. I used way less of it than I ever would have in the past, just about the same amount as my SSFHG, about a quarter sized blob for my whole head. Maybe a little bigger than that. Then I scrunched with a CLU towel, plopped in a flour sack for about 10 mins and clippied and air dried for 2 hours, then diffused the rest of the way and SOTC with SSEmollience.

WOW!!! I haven't seen this many wurls in WEEKS! My hair usually goes through a "It's the height of summer, we're not curling for nothing" phase in high humidity. My hair is uber wurly and so soft to the touch, not producty at all! And I may be able to get next day hair or at least try for it tomorrow! We'll have to see.

Here's pics...

Prior to SOTC
Picture079-2.jpg
Picture080.jpg
Picture081.jpg
Picture082.jpg
Picture083.jpg
Even my back is uber wurly but it still split in my double crown area.
Post SOTC

Picture084-4.jpg
Picture087-1.jpg
Picture094-1.jpg
Picture093.jpg
Picture092-1.jpg
Picture090.jpg
Picture089.jpg

I love the one side, it's so wurly I am getting ready to change either my avatar or my siggie with it!
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    OT: I love your green shower curtain.

BTW, can you give me some tips on water washing? I've tried it, but I'm not convinced I am going about it the right way.

Glad you had a good day! Your hair looks a great deal better than mine, though this afternoon when I washed, I basically went "naked" to try out new products...also because I was lazy, and I am curious to see if anyone notices (or will notice) the difference. :P

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    hair looks great :D

I too would like some tips on water washing.. totally not convinced I can get away with it.
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Thanks Plunky and curlywurlygirly!

As for water washing, I don't do it often. I do get good luck when I do it though. I thoroughly wet down my hair, and using my fingerpads scrub just like I would with a low poo or CC. Then I rinse just like I would afterward too. I always follow up with conditioners though. HTH!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    VERY pretty! I love those big chunky wurls you've got going on there! It does look way wurlier than usual! Is it really the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] that made the difference or was it everthing else and the method that gave such beautiful formation? Why did you stop using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] in the first place?

Don't you wish you had time to do it that way everyday? My best hair days always seem to be either on a day off with no where to go, or on a day where I get to enjoy it for a few hours lol, go figure!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

aislin wrote: »
    VERY pretty! I love those big chunky wurls you've got going on there! It does look way wurlier than usual! Is it really the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] that made the difference or was it everthing else and the method that gave such beautiful formation? Why did you stop using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] in the first place?

Don't you wish you had time to do it that way everyday? My best hair days always seem to be either on a day off with no where to go, or on a day where I get to enjoy it for a few hours lol, go figure!

Thanks Aislin! Yes, I wish I had time to do that daily. Idk if it was the KCCC or not....I stopped using it because it was way too producty and took way too long to dry. It'll probably work its way back into the rotation though now!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    rymorg2 wrote: »

Thanks Aislin! Yes, I wish I had time to do that daily. Idk if it was the KCCC or not....I stopped using it because it was way too producty and took way too long to dry. It'll probably work its way back into the rotation though now!

I guess that means keep experimenting! That's too bad you were looking too producty :-(. I wonder if that's because it's a really moisture heavy product and you don't do well with leave ins because it weighs you down too much? When my hair was longer, some days with KCCC I was really weighed down and producty looking.

I also admit that sometimes I pull out the jar just to smell it... In fact when I first TR'ed back in October I sold off most of my curly products, KCCC being one of them BUT I kept a little jar of it to myself just to smell that marshmallowy goodness you mentioned! LOL :cheers:
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

I guess that means keep experimenting! That's too bad you were looking too producty :-(. I wonder if that's because it's a really moisture heavy product and you don't do well with leave ins because it weighs you down too much? When my hair was longer, some days with KCCC I was really weighed down and producty looking.

I also admit that sometimes I pull out the jar just to smell it... In fact when I first TR'ed back in October I sold off most of my curly products, KCCC being one of them BUT I kept a little jar of it to myself just to smell that marshmallowy goodness you mentioned! LOL :cheers:

OMG I've done that too!!! ROFLMBO!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As for water washing, I don't do it often. I do get good luck when I do it though. I thoroughly wet down my hair, and using my fingerpads scrub just like I would with a low poo or CC. Then I rinse just like I would afterward too. I always follow up with conditioners though. HTH!

So, how do you know when you've done enough? How long does it take the water to break down the water soluble products that have been used on the length? Thanks!

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

plunkybug wrote: »

So, how do you know when you've done enough? How long does it take the water to break down the water soluble products that have been used on the length? Thanks!

Well, by thoroughly wetting before I start to scrub that really helps. Most of the products are already gone before I even start to scrub. I wet and wet until the seaweedy feeling goes away. Then I scrub my scalp awhile and rinse again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, by thoroughly wetting before I start to scrub that really helps. Most of the products are already gone before I even start to scrub. I wet and wet until the seaweedy feeling goes away. Then I scrub my scalp awhile and rinse again.

That quick, hey? I'll have to try this again soon. Next wash will probably be creamy cleanser, but maybe after that one.

That quick, hey? I'll have to try this again soon. Next wash will probably be creamy cleanser, but maybe after that one.

It's an option! It wouldn't work for me all the time, but it definitely helps.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file