Huge dilemma!!

LisaGurlLisaGurl Posts: 54Registered Users
Hi,

At the moment I'm transitioning, but actually, I think I might be not ready for this. I really love my curls and coils, but I'm a model and for me it's very difficult to transition without BC as a model. I also want to wear a fringe, but the kind of fringe I want is only possible with straight hair. But otherwise, I do love my natural hair. Today I saw a girl at my work and I was seriously jealous, because she wears her hair naturally and I don't. I was very proud of her. I already bought a new relaxer, but I can give it away to a friend of mine. What should I do? This is so difficult for me. I was about to relax my hair within a week. Should I postpone that or just keep transitioning?

Comments

• LisaGurlLisaGurl Posts: 54Registered Users
    Okay, I'm thinking very hard right now.
    And I guess I'm going to postpone relaxing my hair and I'll decide later whether I'm ready to go natural or not.
    Okay, a quick update..
    I talked with my mom today and we both decided not to relax my hair anymore, no matter what the agency tells me.
    I was kinda confused yesterday, but this is my final decision.
  • MzmorenazaMzmorenaza Posts: 884Registered Users
    glad you figure it out...good luck on your journey
    studying on my PJ undergrad degree ) ;)
    [PHP][/PHP]
    texture : coarse
    porosity: normal
    elasticity: normal
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I'm glad that you decided to stick to your guns and transition to natural. I know that in the modelling business they "prefer" straight hair opposed to natural hair! But I am sure that you can still have a successful career as a model. There was an article I read about a model that also has natural hair, (she has locs) she stated that it is difficult to find work as a model with natural hair, but she stated that she wouldn't change her hair for nobody. She says there's job that she do get and some that she don't. She's been natural all her life and she has an successful modelling career. I think you will have a success career as well, even if you are natural.:thumright:

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
    Thank you both. The other thing is that they do your hair at a shoot and they will flat iron and do this and do that.. Comb it a lot so your hair will break at the point where the relaxed hair meets the natural hair you know. So maybe I will be "forced" to do a big chop because of this, but we'll see that later. My hair is quite strong, so I wanna see how long it's possible to transition without bc and without so much breakage.
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I've been transitioning for almost 10 months and I haven't experienced too much breakage, but then again I didn't do too much to my hair. I did do a pre-chop earlier this month because I was tired of my relaxed ends. You may do a pre-chop if you wont so you wont have that much breakage. I recommend doing a pre-chop before the big chop anyway. You wont have to cut that much hair off if you do it this way. You welcome by the way I do understand how difficult it is to transition.

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • MshairdownMshairdown Posts: 5Registered Users
    There are so many options. Can't you do weaves or wigs while you are transitioning? I can't imagine the agency wouldn't be okay with that...

http://mrshairdown.blogspot.com/
    Mshairdown wrote: »
    There are so many options. Can't you do weaves or wigs while you are transitioning? I can't imagine the agency wouldn't be okay with that...

http://mrshairdown.blogspot.com/

Well, I think a might have to. Actually, I'm not so keen on wigs and weaves, but if the agency wants it, I will wear them.
  • SakeenaKaiSakeenaKai Posts: 13Registered Users
    Glad you decided not to relax. I think if you had done it you would have regretted it and there's no turning back. After that you have to start all over again.
    Yes, you're right. I'm glad too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file