Kinky Twists

futurefamousauthorfuturefamousauthor Registered Users Posts: 16
I'm a new transitioner & have decided to be a long term transitioner. I've decided that my transition hairstyle of choice will be kinky twists... for right now. I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if these questions have been answered.. if they have... sorry! Please direct me to the thread.

1. What is better for kinky twists, synthetic or human hair?
2. Can you recommend any good kinky twist hair brands?

Thanks so much! I wear microbraids frequently but I have never worn kinky twists before in my life! :compress:

Last relaxer: December 10, 2009

www.napturalstella.blogspot.com
Last Relaxer: December 10, 2009
Transitioning for as long as possible!

napturalstella.wordpress.com

Comments

• LadyAshley7LadyAshley7 Registered Users Posts: 48
    I'm a new transitioner & have decided to be a long term transitioner. I've decided that my transition hairstyle of choice will be kinky twists... for right now. I'm new to this website so I'm not sure if these questions have been answered.. if they have... sorry! Please direct me to the thread.

1. What is better for kinky twists, synthetic or human hair?
    2. Can you recommend any good kinky twist hair brands?

Thanks so much! I wear microbraids frequently but I have never worn kinky twists before in my life! :compress:

Last relaxer: December 10, 2009

www.napturalstella.blogspot.com

New to the site as well. However, I do have Kinky Twist in my hair (taking them out sometime this week) and personally, I like sythetic hair better. Synthetic hair has always held better in my hair. I prefer the "brillo-pad" type of feeling hair. (If that helps) It literally feels like the brillo-pad material and you have to pull it apart to use it. It comes in a gray package. I got mine professionally done, andthat's the hair I used. Hope that sort of helps. :toothy7:
    3c with a mix of 4a. BC'd February 5, 2011!!! :happy8:

Shampoo/Co-washing: Shea Moisture-Moisture Retention Shampoo; Shea Moisture- Coconut Hibiscus Curling Control Shampoo
    Deep Treatment: Shea Moisture Intensive Treatment
    Leave-in Conditoner: Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia; Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme.
    Styling Products: Karen's Body Beautiful Butter Love; Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie; Jane Carter Wrap & Roll
  • kaybkayb Registered Users Posts: 5,054
    I prefer synthetic hair as well; but for the life of me I can't remember the brand I used. :confused1:

But yeah, synthetic hair.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • futurefamousauthorfuturefamousauthor Registered Users Posts: 16
    thanks so much! So I will stick with synthetic. Now I just need to know some good brands! LOL any brand that comes in a longer length is also great.

• thelovelythelovely Registered Users Posts: 6
    I just did my own long kinky twists. I used freetress equal marley braid. It cost me $5 a pack
  • futurefamousauthorfuturefamousauthor Registered Users Posts: 16

• DerbyCityNaturalsDerbyCityNaturals Registered Users Posts: 422
    I have had kinky's several times and have always used synthetic, it holds better IMO. I am impartial to brands of hair simply purchasing what is available or on sale.

However I will tell you that as my hair has grown (it is now just below my shoulders when straight) I do not like kinky's as much because it takes forever to put them in and take them down. Also my hair tangles more so I have opted to only use my own hair for twists now. Micro twists can stay in hair for 3-4 weeks and still look nice.

Hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file