Lifelong hair confusion

IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm new here, but have learned a lot from lurking around. I have always had "fuzzy" waves (about 2" in "amplitude") and ringlets when it rained. I started using less harsh shampoo and handling my hair gently (it's waist length) and those waves began to spiral at the ends! I'm delighted -- they're loose spirals about as big around as my ring finger. I had my spouse help me prune in some "layers," which makes it all look more shapely and bouncy. But otherwise, about my hair, I feel like, "What the heck?"
Does this ring a bell? I don't have springy curls, but they're there and so are the waves in the fine hair.
Does the CG method make them more curly? (styling products included, not my strong point) Does anybody else have hair like this?
Okay, I'd appreciate any feedback at all -- am I the only one? What the heck is my hair doing?

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome; we're so glad you've joined us .

You'll find lots of info all over the site. You might want to post your specific questions over in one of the hair forums.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • RoCurlsRoCurls Posts: 33Registered Users
    IAgirl wrote: »
    I'm new here, but have learned a lot from lurking around. I have always had "fuzzy" waves (about 2" in "amplitude") and ringlets when it rained. I started using less harsh shampoo and handling my hair gently (it's waist length) and those waves began to spiral at the ends! I'm delighted -- they're loose spirals about as big around as my ring finger. I had my spouse help me prune in some "layers," which makes it all look more shapely and bouncy. But otherwise, about my hair, I feel like, "What the heck?"
    Does this ring a bell? I don't have springy curls, but they're there and so are the waves in the fine hair.
    Does the CG method make them more curly? (styling products included, not my strong point) Does anybody else have hair like this?
    Okay, I'd appreciate any feedback at all -- am I the only one? What the heck is my hair doing?
    HI! Welcome to NC.com! from your description, I thinkg my hair is quite similar to yours, although it's about BSL and not waist-length. The CG method is mainly based on taking better care of your wonderful curls, no matter how wavy or curly your hair is. Oftentimes, hair does become curlier as time progresses with the CG method, which is an added plus to having healthy, beautiful hair because it's being well taken care of.
    The only products you really need to go CG are:
    a cheap, 'cone free conditioner (for cowashing)
    a deeper, also 'cone free conditioner (called the rinse out)
    a cone free leave-in conditioner, if you so desire
    a cone free styling gel.
    in the shower,you would first rub your scalp with the cheaper conditioner to clean your scalp, without using shampoo which dries the hair.
    then, you would run the deeper, more moisturizing conditioner through until your hair feels like wet seaweed. many people don't rinse this out , as it provides more moisture, which you may or may not need. however, don't rinse out more that 3/4 of it.
    then, just scrunch your hair with a towel (microfiber is the best) to remove excess moisture, run the leave in through your hair, run the gel through your hair, and scrunch some more.
    once you finish your scrunching :), let your hair air-dry or blow dry with a diffuser on low heat. whatever you do, don't touch your hair as it's drying as this causes frizz.
    those are the basic of the CG method. Read the book by Lorraine Massey for more details, and keep lurking around this site-- it has oodles and doodles of GREAT information!
    Hope i helped!:dog:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG has taught me that my hair is indeed lovely... both wet AND dry!:blob5:
    Shampoo: Body Blends Naturals Bamboo-Green Tea Sulfate Free
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Coconut
    LIC's: Aussie Hair Insurance and VO5 Kiwi-Lime conditioner
    Gel: Satinique Extra-Design Styling Gel and Paul Mitchell Round Trip
    Randoms: Weekly Sesame Oil, DevaCurl Mist-er Right

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights