CurlTalk

sad story on natural hair blog

luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
i regularly look at 2 natural hair blogs, curlynikki and bglhonline. i was totally shocked and sad to see this story. these twins were JUST featured last week and one died on tues, she was only 17....

sad story on natural hair blog

heartbreaking!
a dreamy pisces :fish:
please recycle, it matters...
i change lives...through fitness
i'm more relaxed being natural

Comments

• cheveuxboucléscheveuxbouclés Posts: 1,111Registered Users
    I just saw it and was so sad. I remember reading their story and thinking they were so mature for their decisions, and the cutest twins. My thoughts and sympathy are with her family.
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    rip twin :(
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Oh wow.. this is sad. My heart goes out to the entire family. Beautiful young ladies...and their mother as well.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    Wow, that's so sad. I hope the family makes it through
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2FNicky791%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup
    Twitter: /home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FNicky791" class="Popup
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    I wonder what the illness was.

This is sad.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

• msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    I saw Leila post it on BGLHtwitter & my heart sank
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    This is very sad news. My heart definitely goes out to them. I have a twin as well but I can only imagine what they are going through
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    Cali Chik wrote: »
    I wonder what the illness was.

i did too...they look like happy healthy girls/women in those pics. what could have been so bad that in one week she would have passed?
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Oh no, that's so sad. :(
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • ktip_naturalchicaktip_naturalchica Posts: 72Registered Users
    I saw this too and it made my think of the loss that the family is suffering, esp. the twin. From what I understand, twins are really close. My prayers are with the family.
  • rachelolivia2010rachelolivia2010 Posts: 372Registered Users
    Wow...this is the first time i've heard of these twins, and i wanted to cry...I hope God will heal their family... :(
    awnmvgt87.png
    4a/OS/FN/Spongy
    Co-Wash: Vo5 Herbal Escapes Moisturizing Conditioner Free Me Freesia With Aloe Extract & Aussie Moist
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT & seal with shea butter.
    Gel/Styler: KCCC or EcoStyler for edges.
    I think my hair likes cones... :)
  • lexi1lexi1 Posts: 123Registered Users
    I live in Lexington and actually took some classes with their mother years ago. However, I did not know the twins personally. I found out about her death from my children who are friends with some of the twins friends. From my understanding she was rushed to the hospital with severe head pains. It was discovered that she had a massive tumor on her brain and it was bleeding. She was put into a medical coma, and she later had a stroke and never came out of the coma. My heart goes out to her family.
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users
    lexi1 wrote: »
    I live in Lexington and actually took some classes with their mother years ago. However, I did not know the twins personally. I found out about her death from my children who are friends with some of the twins friends. From my understanding she was rushed to the hospital with severe head pains. It was discovered that she had a massive tumor on her brain and it was bleeding. She was put into a medical coma, and she later had a stroke and never came out of the coma. My heart goes out to her family.
    wow! this is so sad :(
    thanks for letting us know
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    Wow.. so young.. RIP
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • ms_clawedms_clawed Posts: 57Registered Users
    Oh my that's sad! My prayers are with her family
    "You have one mind use it, one body take care of it, and one life live it!"

MY ROUTINE:

:banghead:
  • violetmauvevioletmauve Posts: 177Registered Users
    Very tragic.
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Posts: 1,160Registered Users

I may sound like a little kid, but it's just so unfair that this happened to her. I hope that her family, friends, and especially her twin can find comfort and can heal from this.