So i've been CG but i think my hair is gonna need a cleanser....

I've tried CG for about a month now. My scalp and hair are naturally dry, but my hair seems to get built up easily or something. I think it might be fine, when my curls go lank a protein treatment with eggs boosts them up. Anyway, i don't use many products.

I rinse and cowash with tresemme naturals but not everyday or else it seems to get heavy quicker, but i need to cowash to get the icky feeling off my scalp (which might be dried conditioner). I use tresemme with honey and then squeeze out the excess and leavee it in from the shower. If i squeeze out too much it's too frizzy but if i leave too much in it gets too heavy and limp :(

i got garnier fructis conditioner and i'm gonna switch to that as a leave in.

Otherwise, the only other product i use is LALSG and i use a diffuser to partially dry it.

But every day my hair seems less volume, more lank than the last. Once i learned about baking soda wash + lemon rinse, it reset my hair compltely and was great. I don't think i should use that every day though. I can't order online or get anything too expensive (like more than 5 dollars, 'cause i can't pay for it myself) and probably only things you can find at drugstores or grocery stores.

Sulfates are horrible for my hair, because it totally strips it, so i need something on the level of baking soda (that's not bad to use every day like people say baking soda is) or maybe slightly gentler so i can use it everday or every two days.

I've tried mixing a bit of lemon juice with my conditioner for cowash and that helps but isn't quite enough.

Also, which is better for co wash, garnier fructis sleek and shine or the TN?

would cowashing with something light like V05 fix it?
I'm 15 now but I don't get on often so I may be 67 by the time you read this.
My name is Sarah.
I come on here when I want hair advice because if you type in "curly hair" anywhere, all you get is advice on how to curl it. I used to get on here a lot when I was like, 12 or 13 (and first figuring out how to stop straightening my hair without being bullied), so if you happen to see some older posts of mine, shh. No judging.

Comments

• punkyjessterpunkyjesster Posts: 15Registered Users
    So, I'm still new to this as well, but here's my $.02.

I find Garnier Fructis is not a good co-wash, for me at least. I LOVE Suave Naturals! It's moisturizing enough so I don't dry out, but it's light enough where it rinses.

Also, I find that LALSG makes my hair feel heavy, gross and just dirty feeling, so I can't use it.

Maybe try a lighter gel or something?
    2b/2c/3a crazy combo?
    some fine, some coarse, pretty thin.
    slightly porous

LOVING CCCC lite and CK!

Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    Daily Condition: DC OneCondition
    Lo-poo: DC LoPoo
    Style: CCCC lite, CK, sometimes Re:Coil or FSG.

Rake, scrunch and diffuse!

Just trying... HE HH, so far so good!

Still looking for a perfect DT.
  • nezumikiriqnezumikiriq Posts: 149Registered Users
    Hmm, I used it today after cowashing really really really well with the Tresemme, and my hair looks and feels great although it's still wet, but i dunno.

LALSG works great for me, my hair was good with HETT which was light, but it didn't hold near well enough--i need crunch, and i only got it crunchy with A LOT of that gel, which then made my hair feel producty.

LALSG is only bad if i use too much on the scalp with too much condish, then it's like glue. uggh.
    I'm 15 now but I don't get on often so I may be 67 by the time you read this.
    My name is Sarah.
    I come on here when I want hair advice because if you type in "curly hair" anywhere, all you get is advice on how to curl it. I used to get on here a lot when I was like, 12 or 13 (and first figuring out how to stop straightening my hair without being bullied), so if you happen to see some older posts of mine, shh. No judging.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I read a post yesterday where Del2C was suggesting rotating cowashes. If there is one ingredient your cowash cannot get out of your hair, maybe a different cowash could get it out. I don't know of anyone who has tried this, but this experiment only costs you 1$-ish if you pick up some Vo5 or Suave naturals. If you try this, I'd suggest rotating cowases from different brands. All Vo5 is similar, all suave naturals are similar, etc.
    Low poos start at about 8$ where I live. Target has giovanni. They have travel size bottles in the natural products aisle. Walmart also has giovanni, alba,and avalon organics. By looking at the ingredients, alba and the avalon seem milder.
    I've only used 2 different low poos in my life, so I can't recommend one.
    If you have a trader joes, they might have a cheaper, better option.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • anonymous_46846anonymous_46846 Banned Posts: 160Banned Users
    Hi Nezumikiriq,

I posted in your male sub-section thread and I just read this thread. My reply may not be directly related to the topic at hand but I think it may help.

I am impressed at the amount of thought and energy spent at taking care of the curls. If one has truly curly hair, it is my experience that keeping it moisturised is the number one priority and for this, coconut oil is the best thing since sliced bread. Gels and hairsprays should be avoided as they will mat the hair.

I am taking from the dry hair perspective as I have a lot of volume and find that doing nothing works for me. Moreover, it is imperative that you are also taking in the correct nutrients for healthy hair for health starts at the root and no matter how many products you use on the hair itself, if it ain't growing healthy then you are spinning your wheels on sand.

Take a multi-vitamin everyday, 1 gram of vitamin c (with bioflavonoids such as rose hips, most vitamin C products have it anyway) and 1 gram of EPA/DHA found in fish oil. You might want to add some zinc but since you are a girl you don't need much and the multi-vitamin should add enough. Look for a good brand multi-vitamin which should not cost much, the vitamin C should be very cheap for manufacturing vit. C is not expensive in bulk volumes. Fish oil I'd reccomend to go for a bit of an expensive brand for omega 3's are very delicate molecules which will oxidise if unproperly handled. If you need recommendations, shoot me a PM or through here.

Also, posting a pic of your hair would help although dont post one showing your face.

Take care,

Roy
    Pictures of my one year growth progress. From short to shoulder length. I don't care about profiling my hair according to some website's guidelines, it is curly and that is all.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=115204
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a modified CG'er because I just feel I really need to shampoo. What I do is use a sulfate free shampoo.

Here are some that I can think of that are sulfate free
    • Trader Joe's
    • Burts Bees
    • Giovanni
    • Alba
    • Aubrey Organics
    • Dr. Bronners
    • LO'real Sulfate Free Shampoos (not sure if it contains cones though so you have to check)
    And you could try out various shampoo bars. I've heard of people using the Black African Soap as their shampoo.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file