We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Hair refreshing using Oz products...

nikkyd_84nikkyd_84 Posts: 54Registered Users
Sooo my biggest annoyance is the 2nd day hair.

I wake up with frizzy curls, which need defining, which are a bit of a tangled mess.

I have been experimenting with wetting hair then scrunching some Joico mousse in, or spraying a mix of conditioner and water in as a leave in to detangle...But as soon as it dries it just goes frizzy.

So I'm just wondering what you guys in oz do to refresh your curls the next day - products and techniques.

(I know there a loads of thread on NC for 2nd day hair.. but all the products are American, so I wanted to get advice here instead)

:angel8:
3a/bii hair... medium texture, medium porosity.

Lo-Poo= Sukin - once a week
Co-wash=
Treseme naturals conditioner
Conditioner = Tigi Bed Head Moisture Maniac
Curl Cream = NAK Kurls styling creme
Styling Product = Joico Joiwhip mousse

Loving plopping, super soaking and pixicurl diffusing at the mo.

Experimenting with Aloe Vera Gel (looving it) Coconut oil and KY

After years of straightening... I am ditching the straighteners and embracing the curl!

Comments

• curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    Not that I've done second day hair in ages, but I use to (hadn't perfected it) just scrunch in some extra water to reactivate the product in my hair. If I added more product it would go all yuck and productly. I did find a toner I was using way back in 08 something like "nu skin moisture mist" was a rather good refresher. Said on the bottle you could use all over. I'll try find the link

this is the link for the toner spray thing
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • TassieAngeTassieAnge Posts: 116Registered Users
    Now that my second day hair is back I am just spritzing with water and doing like a wet set twisty thing on individual curls with a bit of FSG on my hands. HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a, low porosity, protein sensitive, medium texture (with random coarse strands), growing out a pixie cut

Located in Tasmania, Australia

:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file