Do you ever...

plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
Do you ever know that you're going to wash that day, but not know what you want to use? Do you want to try something new or go with something you know what kind of results you'll likely have? Do you want to have a "naked" day or are you going to meet people that you want to look your best and curliest?

This is what I am debating now. I'm meeting with friends in a few hours, and I don't know if I should stick with my current products and routine, try something new, or just go naked and see if they notice a difference.

I need to shower and wash in about 20-30 minutes, but I don't know what I'm going to use. I don't have THAT much stuff, but enough that I don't know what to use.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Comments

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Most days I like to experiment with a new combo (particularly because I fed my PJ and now have tons of products to try!) no matter what I'm doing. I usually have my hair up in a ponytail within a few hours of it drying because I work with kids and it's been pretty hot here lately.

Sometimes I do have my hair be naked if I'm going to be swimming. No point in doing it because it'll all be gone as soon as I hit the water!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• solidgoldsolidgold Posts: 1,485Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have that conversation with myself every day!
    Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
    Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix, Tigi MM
    Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
    Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
    Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1368664&postcount=97
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Posts: 900Registered Users
    I'm with Solid - I generally do a variation of the same thing every day, but always have some kind of tweaking, and always have this conversation with myself before my shower.
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
  • curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
    yeah! that happened to me yesterday when I had a date with my friends...only difference is that i don't really know what to do to make it look its best, so i make it up as i go:blackeye:it worked out fine..but it sucks to guess
    product staple: suave coconut conditioner
    goal: healthy BSL! :D
    obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
    :protest:probable suspects
    • hard water
    • varying product use
    • weather-hair chemistry confusion
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Pretty much every day involves small experiments. When i started, every day had several, simultaneous experiments. When I'm meeting someone and I need good hair I either stick to my old standbys or try very hard to talk myself into only minor experiments. My hair has not been naked since 1981 and I never never never never want to see it naked. Not ever! Never ever! Nope. Nuh-uh. Never.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    pedaheh wrote: »
    My hair has not been naked since 1981 and I never never never never want to see it naked. Not ever! Never ever! Nope. Nuh-uh. Never.

Ha ha ha! :laughing5:

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    plunkybug wrote: »
    Do you ever know that you're going to wash that day, but not know what you want to use? Do you want to try something new or go with something you know what kind of results you'll likely have? Do you want to have a "naked" day or are you going to meet people that you want to look your best and curliest?

This is what I am debating now. I'm meeting with friends in a few hours, and I don't know if I should stick with my current products and routine, try something new, or just go naked and see if they notice a difference.

I need to shower and wash in about 20-30 minutes, but I don't know what I'm going to use. I don't have THAT much stuff, but enough that I don't know what to use.

OMG That's usually every day. For me, it's how my hair feels that makes me decide what to use, and on the spur of the moment I tend to change my mind anyway, even if I have decided what to use. LOL....
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rferfe Posts: 36Registered Users
    Not only do I do this, but I record it! Yes, this is where the crazy will truly show it's face! :compress:

Seriously, each day I record what I did with my hair (products & routine) and I rate it and make notes on what worked well and what didn't, what I liked about my hair that day and what I didn't. I have an excel spreadsheet to track it all. In fairness, I am a CPA and Excel is my go-to tool for pretty much everything.

I started doing it because I was trying all these different things but because I was changing more than one variable at a time, I didn't know what was working and what wasn't. This way I just change one variable at a time so I can see if something is a positive change or not.

Sadly, the thing that makes the most difference is for frizz is letting my hair air dry. It's just not an option for me. I can't show up to work with wet hair. I've tried washing at night, but I wake up with terrible bed head the next morning. And I get home from work so late most nights that I wouldn't have time to let my hair air dry all the way before going to bed anyway.

I'm still on the hunt!
    2B - Fine (but lots of it) Texture, High Porosity
    Not really CG at the moment, might try again once my hair is much longer (i.e. I can put it up if it looks awful
    8-))

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file