Volume at the root?

puppyluvzpuppyluvz Posts: 28Registered Users
Attention 2s, what do you do to our hair when it's wet or dry to get volume at the root? Because my hair is totally flat and then about 3 inches down where the wave starts it poofs out. It just looks really weird because my hair is so flat and straight at the root. I don't do clipping or anything for the root because I don't understand how to do it. Thank you!
*2b/2c wave/curl things
fine hair, low porosity

I NEED HELP!!!

experimenting to find a routine:bounce:

my hair always seems to look good wet, but as soon as it dries it's all frizz and no curl!
Cowash: Suave Tropical Coconut, Suave Green Apple

Condish: Loreal vive pro nutri gloss for wavy/curly hair as a condish, GVP conditioning balm

Styling: Totally twisted curl scrunching gel, Got 2 Be spiked up, aussie tizz no frizz gel

Comments

• runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users
    Get one of these: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Curl-EasyPro-Brush/NEWAVE1,default,pd.html

I am "clip-challenged" too, and I have been using one of these for several months now and I LOVE it. Just slide it in wherever you want volume roll it just enough to lift the roots, and hit them with your diffuser. Works great and doesn't get tangled in your hair when you remove it.
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Ooh, that looks neat Runner. How exactly do you use it? I didn't get a clear idea from the description.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• xodevinxodevin Posts: 478Registered Users
    I always take a shower at night, and do my routine. When my hair is dry and crunchy, I put it up in a high pineapple to sleep!
    When I wake up the volume is INSANE. The hair literally defies gravity (not pretty either!). Even when I scrunch out the crunch in the morning, the volume stays! Luckily, after a few minutes is settles down, but still gives me the perfect amount of lift.
    So I recommend styling at night and pineappling (when crunchy usually ensures my curls won't stretch out too much overnight when pineappled).
    curly hair and proud (:
  • springlilyspringlily Posts: 59Registered Users
    Get one of these: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Curl-EasyPro-Brush/NEWAVE1,default,pd.html

I am "clip-challenged" too, and I have been using one of these for several months now and I LOVE it. Just slide it in wherever you want volume roll it just enough to lift the roots, and hit them with your diffuser. Works great and doesn't get tangled in your hair when you remove it.

So, runnerchicki, do you slide it in horizontally and then lift it as if you were using a round brush? (Sorry I don't quit understand how it is supposed to be used.) Thanks.:thumright:
    Wave, fine, medium texture, color-treated, porous
    Lo Poo: DevaCurl Lo Poo
    CO Wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    Condish: Tressemme Naturals Moist and GCP CB
    Leave in: (experimenting but like KCKT)
    PT: (experimenting)
    DT: (experimenting)
    Styling Combos: SS CEJ add SS FHG, KCKT and KCCC
    Experimenting with: Suave Captivating Curls Mouse
    Techniques: Icequeen, Smasters
    Hair Dislikes: glycerin!!
  • imgonnastartawarimgonnastartawar Posts: 237Registered Users
    xodevin wrote: »
    I always take a shower at night, and do my routine. When my hair is dry and crunchy, I put it up in a high pineapple to sleep!
    When I wake up the volume is INSANE. The hair literally defies gravity (not pretty either!). Even when I scrunch out the crunch in the morning, the volume stays! Luckily, after a few minutes is settles down, but still gives me the perfect amount of lift.
    So I recommend styling at night and pineappling (when crunchy usually ensures my curls won't stretch out too much overnight when pineappled).

whenever i pinapple, i always get soo much frizz. How do you deal with this, or products?
    i do the trinapple but it doesn't really give me any volume, which i REALLLYY lack.

(sorry for intruding......just wondering)
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users
    @Plunkybug and Springlilly:

I slide the thingy in horizontally right at the roots. Then I roll it just a little (like you would roll a curling iron, but just enough to get lift) and hit it with the diffuser. It works great because it doesn't pull curl out and the thingy just slides back out. I'm bananas over mine. I should probably buy a back up.:happy7:
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • springlilyspringlily Posts: 59Registered Users
    @Plunkybug and Springlilly:

I slide the thingy in horizontally right at the roots. Then I roll it just a little (like you would roll a curling iron, but just enough to get lift) and hit it with the diffuser. It works great because it doesn't pull curl out and the thingy just slides back out. I'm bananas over mine. I should probably buy a back up.:happy7:

Thanks, I bought one last night and can't wait to try it!
    Wave, fine, medium texture, color-treated, porous
    Lo Poo: DevaCurl Lo Poo
    CO Wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    Condish: Tressemme Naturals Moist and GCP CB
    Leave in: (experimenting but like KCKT)
    PT: (experimenting)
    DT: (experimenting)
    Styling Combos: SS CEJ add SS FHG, KCKT and KCCC
    Experimenting with: Suave Captivating Curls Mouse
    Techniques: Icequeen, Smasters
    Hair Dislikes: glycerin!!
  • Bubbles1Bubbles1 Posts: 2Registered Users
    What on Earth is pineappling?:help:
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Bubbles1 wrote: »
    What on Earth is pineappling?:help:

Gathering up all your hair into a ponytail on the top of your head before bed with a scrunchy. The idea is to keep the curls from getting crushed.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file