Hesh brand ayurvedic powders recall

taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614

Comments

• pretebrowneyespretebrowneyes Registered Users Posts: 248
    So, is this recall only for Canada or were these sold internationally as well? I'm considering an order from Bars-n-Butters or shopping at my local Indian grocer.
    *MopTop Maven Healthy Hair Challenge 2011*:wave:

PrePoo- EVOO
    LowPoo- Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap bar
    Shampoo- ORS Creamy Aloe
    Clarifying poo- Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo
    DC- GVP Conditioning Balm
    PT- GVP K-Pak reconstructor
    Leave in- Giovanni Direct leave-in *with kimmaytube recipe*
    Moisturizer- water+aloe vera juice+castor oil+jojoba oil spritz
    Sealant- jojoba oil
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    So, is this recall only for Canada or were these sold internationally as well? I'm considering an order from Bars-n-Butters or shopping at my local Indian grocer.

This recall says it covers items sold between 2002-2009 if I remember right, and they also said there were no cases of sickness reported in Canada due to using Hesh products. I would think that the manufacturer ships the same stuff to the US as to Canada, but I don't know for sure. That being said, I used some of my Hesh Amla over the weekend and I haven't had any health issues from using it.

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/2010/07/17/amla-treatment-today/
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • CheveuxSauvageCheveuxSauvage Registered Users Posts: 240
    Wow, this sucks! Well, I haven't had any problems with any of the powders I've bought/used so far, but I'm a little concerned about the possible "microbial contamination". I'll probably still use up what I have left, then possibly try other brands for a while until some "fresh" batches get harvested (assuming those are untainted :evil5:). Thanks for posting this, taltal!
    [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]4a/3c [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]Normal porosity [FONT=&quot]Ξ [/FONT]High density [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT] Medium-Coarse [FONT=&quot]Ξ[/FONT]
  • Little RedLittle Red Registered Users Posts: 103
    The recall is only for the shikakai powder. Thankfully, I never got around to buying that one.
    Curl Type: 2b/2c
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal (I get breakage when I pre-poo and then when I shampoo it all out and then some more over the course of the next 24 hours.)
    Texture: Medium

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file