the big day cometh

johnniegirljohnniegirl Registered Users Posts: 8
12/8/06 was the date of my last relaxer... ive been wearing a drawstring afro puff pony that matches my natural hair for months now (im on my 5th and final puff)... ive been so nervous about cutting my hair that i havent made any plans... i have a couple of stylist that have been suggested but im just not 100% sure who i will go with... im tempted to just let my mom or one of my sisters cut whats left of the relaxed hair off... i fear i will be traumatized regardless but i figure family will be best able to comfort me... then again i want a nice cut since i havent worn my hair short in a decade and a half... if anyone knows of a great salon/stylist in the atlanta area please pass the info along to me

i have checked in on the forum throughout my transition and found great support when i was wavering or feeling weak... i knew i was convicted about my decision when i woke up from a "nightmare"... someone had relaxed my hair without telling me

im just rambling a bit because im a little nervous... i will post pictures this weekend after i shed a few ounces of sad looking hair
newly natural!!! BC - 12/9/2006

Comments

• johnniegirljohnniegirl Registered Users Posts: 8
    it's done!!! i couldnt get an appointment anywhere so i asked my mom to cut my hair for me... she must have heard the desperation in my voice... after we spent the afternoon together she took scissors in hand and chopped away for me... i had no idea how thick my hair was until all the scraggly ends were gone... im so happy i was patient with the process... my plan is to go into a salon to fine tune mom's cut... i have three sisters and only one is still clinging on to some relaxed hair (she has been transitioning about 9 months now) she loved the new cut and is considering her BC soon too...
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Good for you! Hope you find a good salon. Being in Atlanta is probably a plus; lots of choices.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • pharmgrrrlpharmgrrrl Registered Users Posts: 3
    Congratulations! My last relaxer was April 2005, and I did the big chop in February 2006. On a date, of all times. It's the first time in my life that I've been happy with my hair. I'll have a respectable pony tail before the end of summer. Right now, I'm just enjoying my new freedom. I hope that you do, too!
    Take No Prznrz
  • johnniegirljohnniegirl Registered Users Posts: 8
    pharmgrrrl wrote:
    Congratulations! My last relaxer was April 2005, and I did the big chop in February 2006. On a date, of all times. It's the first time in my life that I've been happy with my hair. I'll have a respectable pony tail before the end of summer. Right now, I'm just enjoying my new freedom. I hope that you do, too!

thank you!!

i so love my hair... i have to keep myself (and others) from playing with it... im digging the shirley temple ringlets... i have a good sized pony/puff but im loving not pulling it back since i wore faux ponies for the last 6 months... it shrinks like crazy and makes an amazing lil curly fro... a girlfriend of mine says it's very "rock star" (ala lenny kravitz)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file