Hair is starting to look much better

Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
I've been having a lot of trouble with my hair lately. Just falling limp and flat and canopy wasn't holding any curl. I ditched the conditioner I was using (Tresemme Naturals) to see if maybe that was it. I also think I was having allergic reactions to it.
I'm not sure if that was the culprit, but I think it was. I've been shampooing with bar soap every three days followed by an ACV rinse. No conditioner. Then I scrunch in a lot of FSG while my hair is sopping wet and blot dry. Plop for an hour and go to bed.
Looks good! :thumbright:
For second day hair I spritz with sea salt spray and then scrunch in a little curl cream. Third day hair I normally spritz with more sea salt spray and put it up.

The simpler routines seem to work best for me.
I guess I should stick with minimal products and handling of hair.
Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
Rinse:
ACV rinse
Detangler/Conditioner:
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer

Comments

• JLeighsJLeighs Posts: 904Registered Users Curl Novice
    My hair completely turned around this summer after I stopped using any rinse-out or LI conditioners. I use CJ Daily Fix to wash and that's all I use (except for stylers). That and realizing that my stylers need to go into damp, not wet, hair has given me hair that looks good no matter what the dew point/humidity is. :love7:
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • CurlyMomCurlyMom Posts: 334Registered Users
    JLeighs wrote: »
    My hair completely turned around this summer after I stopped using any rinse-out or LI conditioners. I use CJ Daily Fix to wash and that's all I use (except for stylers). That and realizing that my stylers need to go into damp, not wet, hair has given me hair that looks good no matter what the dew point/humidity is. :love7:

How often do you wash JLeighs?
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • JLeighsJLeighs Posts: 904Registered Users Curl Novice
    CurlyMom wrote: »

How often do you wash JLeighs?

Probably 4 times per week, sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on what I've got going on that week.
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file