Tears of Frustration

NaturallyInspiredNaturallyInspired Registered Users Posts: 6
Hey Curlies,

My emotions are running high right now. I mean I am in a red alert . I took my Senegalese Twist out after less than a month today and I washed my hair and detangled it only to find some MAJOR knots in my processed hair. Not only had it knotted up but it had also broken off (clumps of hair were in the knots.). I washed it and attempted to roller set it but it was my first time. I think I used rollers that were too big for my uneven hair.

Basically I had a hair failure.

first I put the twist in my hair as a protective style but they kept slipping out and I even say a few hair follicles come out with a few twists.

Then I take out the twist after only ALMOST 4 weeks and my hair is knotted and breaking.

Then I fail at attempting to roller set my hair and ended up having to use direct heat.

It feels like all my efforts to treat my hair better are going in vein and instead of growing it is just breaking.

Not to mention my boyfriend asked me the dreaded, "Did it grow any??" question (he hate my hair short)

Some days I have the urge to do a BC and just chop off the permed hair....

I literally feel like crying out of frustration... I need some words of encouragement... :no: :x :cry::cry:
Hair Type: 4a
Ultimate Goal: Waist Length

event.png

Comments

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Registered Users Posts: 755
    Hey Curlies,

My emotions are running high right now. I mean I am in a red alert . I took my Senegalese Twist out after less than a month today and I washed my hair and detangled it only to find some MAJOR knots in my processed hair. Not only had it knotted up but it had also broken off (clumps of hair were in the knots.). I washed it and attempted to roller set it but it was my first time. I think I used rollers that were too big for my uneven hair.

Basically I had a hair failure.

first I put the twist in my hair as a protective style but they kept slipping out and I even say a few hair follicles come out with a few twists.

Then I take out the twist after only ALMOST 4 weeks and my hair is knotted and breaking.

Then I fail at attempting to roller set my hair and ended up having to use direct heat.

It feels like all my efforts to treat my hair better are going in vein and instead of growing it is just breaking.

Not to mention my boyfriend asked me the dreaded, "Did it grow any??" question (he hate my hair short)

Some days I have the urge to do a BC and just chop off the permed hair....

I literally feel like crying out of frustration... I need some words of encouragement... :no: :x :cry::cry:

Transitioning is difficult, but if your hair is very damaged maybe you should do the BC, but if you don't want to do that I suggest you go to a natural hair stylist to seen if they can treat your hair. I hope that this will help with your dilemma. Good Luck!

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • tongatonga Registered Users Posts: 12
    I am so sorry that you are having such a bad experience hair-wise. But I believe that things happen for a reason and while you may not understand it now it's going to turn out just fine. I also agree with Amazin, you should consider the BC and speak with a natural hairstylist to provide an honest professional opinion regarding what's best for your hair. If you do BC early I think it will be pretty cute on you. You have an awesome shaped face and it'll be easy to find the right cut to accentuate it. God bless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file